Forza Horizon 3 just shown at E3

So worth the £80 pre-order then?

Pre-order and £80....

LBM55wY.gif

And yup, just another typical PC release unfortunately, the scorpio/ps 4 pro can't come soon enough!

Seems to be a typical PC release then, some have no dramas while others have many.

Sometimes I can't argue against consoles, most of the time it just works which no drama, not saying they are perfect but any means but they don't have to faff around half as much as we do.

mate, the more and more bad releases on PC happen, the more I'm getting interested in Scorpio and HDR OLED late next year. Might just chin off PC gaming completely, it winds me up these days to much.

Just noticed I haven't got any of the Pre-Order stuff, no extra cars, nowt! this seems to be a problem on the PC version, marvelous !

mate, the more and more bad releases on PC happen, the more I'm getting interested in Scorpio and HDR OLED late next year. Might just chin off PC gaming completely, it winds me up these days to much.

Aye my lad wants a PS4 Slim/Pro for Xmas, I'm not opposed to it - infact I've already scoped in buying The Last of Us and Uncharted to play "with him".

And yup, just another typical PC release unfortunately, the scorpio/ps 4 pro can't come soon enough!

Yup - can't see myself selling up but defo looking into a Pro and a nice 4k TV for some sofa gaming.

Having played it myself late last night and watching some videos of other people streaming there is a marked performance problem on different systems. Mine fortunately runs very well but a chap I often watch on YouTube was struggling like heck with stuttering and frame drops like mad @1080p. Possibly a capturing issue I dunno he is Spanish so I can't work out what he is saying lol. Quick play this morning and all was well tbh on my main rig. Will test more tonight.

It's funny really because, for me personally, the last 18 months have been some of the most hassle free PC gaming I've ever had.

Which isn't to say that games are released in a perfect state.

But PC is very stable (never crashes), I have no Nvidia driver issues and games do tend to get patched quickly if there's issues.

Ya zero problems for me now turning ht off gave me loads of fps other then that nice and smooth also down clocked my 1080 on the core by -20 and seems to have fixed my gpu usage tis weird was kinda throttling my card..

£80???? For real? I take it that's for some special edition with a different coloured car or something?

£80 is the game with season pass, early access, VIP membership etc.

£49.99 is the standard edition (digital) which gives you the game on both Xbox One and Windows 10.

Or Xbox owners can pay less than 40quid for a disc version but then they can't play it on PC

£80 is the game with season pass, early access, VIP membership etc.

£49.99 is the standard edition (digital) which gives you the game on both Xbox One and Windows 10.

Or Xbox owners can pay less than 40quid for a disc version but then they can't play it on PC

Ahh that's not so bad then. Still don't understand who on earth would pay for a season pass but that's another topic for another time xD

What's the general consensus then? MS bodged up another release or is it relatively smooth?

I cant even complete the download! It just keeps starting again from scratch by itself! I was at 36gb today then just checked it and it was on 30mb! Its done this 3 times now. :(

Ive got it playing pretty nice now also. Get the old drops here and there in the cities and some of the race starts with 12 cars, but it's generally up above the 60fps mark. Just had to turn a few things down from Ultra, not using msaa now either, having to roll with fxaa for now until some fixes, but just wanna enjoy it now. Disabling HT in bios was huge, as was disabling XBOX Game DVR thingy. Also helps not having any internet windows or apps open in the background.

Gutted im missing some of the VIP features, but hey ho, going to cruise and take it all in.

Back
Top Bottom