Forza Horizon 3 just shown at E3

I have an issue with this

If I start it on my Acer Predator X34a (when set at the primary monitor) it works fine.

If I start it on my 4k TV (when set as the primary monitor) it just spits me out to the windows desktop after the Playground Games and Turn 10 videos.

Any ideas?

I got it all installed OK on my spare rig. Works lovely the Blizzard Mountain dlc. However on my main gaming pc I can't download the update needed, Blizzard pack was OK. Stupid MS Store. Sticks @ 21.84 mb and won't move.

Now it wants to install a 51 gig file no matter what I do. Obscene. This really needs sorting as not everyone has mega fast Internet and totally unlimited. I have sympathy now for those who had issues in the past.

Last edited:
Turn V-sync off and you get more options I think.

Tried, even tried all the different FPS options, Lowered resolution even lowered graphics to low and still my frame rate is locked at 36fps

A very strange bug. Last time I tried the demo I was running it with the 72fps cap with couple settings down from ultra to high.
Am not sure what has changed.

I love this game but I really wish they would work on fixing the crashing. I bought it on launch and am still getting random freezes when playing that end in a CTD. Sometimes it takes 1 minute sometimes it takes 3 hours but it almost always happens in any playing session.

Agreed, it still crashes now and then and performance, although improved, still needs some work.

It's a great game, I love the car selection and just driving around aimlessly. Blizzard Mountain is also very cool and it's nice we get stuff like Forzathons and new barn finds.

The pricing is a bit ridiculous, though. I grabbed the Ultimate and recently the expansion pass and feel quite bad for paying so much, even though I managed to get the Ultimate cheaper and had a discount for the pass.

I hope the second expansion delivers and it's not just a car pack.

Do you guys play using optimised settings, with this switched on recommended defaults to medium, but wondering if it's being conservative as Geforce experience recommends ultra!!

Specs 1080 screen
I5 6600k @ 4.2
GTX1070 @ 2000
16Gb ram
SSD install

Do you guys play using optimised settings, with this switched on recommended defaults to medium, but wondering if it's being conservative as Geforce experience recommends ultra!!

Specs 1080 screen
I5 6600k @ 4.2
GTX1070 @ 2000
16Gb ram
SSD install

Yeah I think the rating is a bit off in game. I have a 6700k with Titan XP and it says Ultra, I also have a 6600k with a Titan XM and it says medium! Just ignore it and set it to custom.

I purchased the season pass so just got the Blizzard Moutain DLC - quite enjoying it!

Back
Top Bottom