Forza Horizon 4

Associate
So it looks like Horizon 4 has been officially announced during the Microsoft conference at E3, once again exclusive to Xbox and the Windows store:

Today, during the Xbox E3 2018 briefing, we showed how seasons change everything in the worldwide debut of Forza Horizon 4, the latest entry in the award-winning Forza Horizon series. This highly anticipated follow-up to 2016’s breakout hit Forza Horizon 3 brings players dynamic seasons in a shared open-world that change every week. Experience beautiful, historic Britain in spectacular native 4K and HDR, collect over 450 cars, and become a Horizon Superstar. Forza Horizon 4 will launch worldwide on Xbox One, Windows 10 and Xbox Game Pass on October 2, 2018 as an Xbox Play Anywhere title.

• Seasons Change Everything – Forza Horizon 4 features dynamic seasons that change gameplay, unlocking new events and routes, impacting driving conditions, and transforming open-world exploration – all in native 4K and HDR. Players will be able to master driving in dry, wet, muddy, snowy and icy conditions in a shared world where everyone experiences changes in time of day, weather and seasons together.

• Open-World Freedom – Forza Horizon 4 allows players to choose their path to becoming a Horizon Superstar. We’re proud to introduce two of our most fan-requested features – a brand new Route Creator that lets you design and share your own custom race routes anywhere in the open world and the option to play at 60 frames per second for players on Xbox One X.

• Collect Over 450 Cars and Customize Your Horizon Life – With over 450 cars from more than 100 licensed manufacturers, Forza Horizon 4 features the largest and most diverse Horizon car roster yet with all the customization options Forza players love, like new Drift Suspension upgrades and driver personalization with character clothing, accessories and emotes. And for the first time in the Horizon series, players can own property that unlocks new items and gameplay perks.

• Go it Alone or Team Up – Players can choose to play alone, cooperatively or join multiplayer for casual fun or ranked teams. In addition, integrated Mixer broadcasting and spectating features add to an already fun and rewarding experience.

Available for pre-order starting on Monday, June 11 at your local Microsoft Store and on Microsoft.com, Forza Horizon 4 arrives worldwide on October 2, exclusively on Xbox One, Windows 10 PCs and Xbox Game Pass. Deluxe and Ultimate Editions will also be available for pre-order, which offer the base game, Formula Drift Car Pack and Forza Horizon 4 Car Pass. In addition, Ultimate Edition owners will receive early access to the game on September 28, the Day One Car Pack, two expansions and VIP Membership.

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2018/06...-and-open-world-adventure-in-forza-horizon-4/

**FIRST DLC ANNOUNCED**

Fortune Island will release on December 13, 2018 and takes players to the remote northern reaches of the British Isles. If you're familiar with the region, you know to expect extreme conditions like fierce lightning storms, dangerous cliffs, dirt roads, and the aurora borealis.

Fortune Island should be available as part of the Forza Horizon 4 Expansions Bundle which gives players with two game expansions for $34.99. However, if you already own Forza Horizon 4: Ultimate Edition or the Forza Horizon 4: Ultimate Add-ons Bundle, you'll receive Fortune Island at no cost.

OCUK Clan/Team Thread
Benchmark/Performance discussion thread

Last edited:
Soldato
If you're going standard edition you may as well grab an Xbox game pass right now for £24 and redeem it in a bit. You'll finish it within that and never touch it again I guess.

Soldato
If you're going standard edition you may as well grab an Xbox game pass right now for £24 and redeem it in a bit. You'll finish it within that and never touch it again I guess.

It doesn't really have an end as its a multiplayer game, it does have a loose mission based story too.

Soldato
Unexpected setting but looks great. I'm still not entirely done with 3, though, and it doesn't seem like I will be anytime soon due to some other games so this'll have to wait:p

V_R

V_R

Soldato
As a huge Forza fan this is an insta buy for me. Just want to see what sort of packages they'll be doing as VIP for FM7 was crap.

Soldato
Forza 7 wasn't a Forza game to me VR. It just doesn't have that FM2, FM3 or FM4 feel to it. I was so hyped to finally have it on PC but its just all round disappointing, id rather play PC2/AC or iracing any day now.

FH4 looks ok, I just got bored very quickly with FH3 so I expect this will be exactly the same. Now if someone would do a Test Drive Unlimited 3 then that's different gravy.

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Yeah you're right tbh, FM6 was much better than 7, I guess the hours I spent on them reflects that. My playtime on 7 is about half that of 6. I didn't like a lot of the changes they made for 7, especially the class system and homologation crap.

As long as they don't mess up FH4 I'll be happy!

Caporegime
Cheaper and on Steam and I'd bite, FH3 was good but the MS Store is horrible and the price is laughable.

Yes the windows store sucks. I don't know why MS doesn't just allow it on steam, saves them so much messing around with making their own. Does anyone really download paid stuff from the windows store?

Associate
There is no racing game quite like it on pc, yet they lock it down to windows 10 and their crap store. What is Microsoft's problem, just porting over an old halo game would be a good seller yet they refuse to bring it to pc.

Soldato
Yes the windows store sucks. I don't know why MS doesn't just allow it on steam, saves them so much messing around with making their own. Does anyone really download paid stuff from the windows store?
It's all about pushing their store and UWP. Still, I'm very glad we're actually getting these games which were once solely the domain of Xbox.

Back
Top Bottom