Forza Horizon 4

Fair

Tbh between the crew and horizon, I feel horizon is the way to go. I think I'll grab it too, as I want an arcade racer on Deck and will just ignore all the BS surrounding an otherwise great racer
if you want a good arcade racer need for speed hotpursuit should be in everyones library. not sure how the remastered runs on the deck but i expect the non remastered would run on a potato. sorry for miner derail!.

Last edited:
I'm having fun so far, played about 5 hours in total.

I'm just doing random stuff as they pop up on my map, other than that I have no idea what I should be doing. I opened the menu and the are about 2 million icons there lol.

I guess I should buy some cars?

I'm having fun so far, played about 5 hours in total.

I'm just doing random stuff as they pop up on my map, other than that I have no idea what I should be doing. I opened the menu and the are about 2 million icons there lol.

I guess I should buy some cars?

Jealous, I'm struggling to find time to play it

I got this 3 days ago too. I remember seeing a trailer for it ages ago when it wasn't on Steam, and then completely forgot about it - I'd have probably bought it 3 years ago (or however long it took to reach 50% off) if I'd known it had come onto Steam.

I considered also getting Horizon 5 while the sale was on, but decided I'll give this one a proper go over the next few weeks, and I can still get 5 in the winter sale anyway.

Other than some of the train sims this is the game that has somewhere closest to me in it - I really should have a short trip to Keswick - over 2 years since I've been. Only way I'm ever going to drive ON Derwentwater rather than next to it :D.

I've had this a couple of weeks. Put a decent amount of time in. Quite enjoying it.
Realised I should have stumped up a couple of extra quid for the version with the extra cars and fortune island.
Never mind.

I gave this a few hours finally, and there's definitely much less cringe than FH5. Feel like there's a bit more to look at when driving around, but maybe it's the bias of being from the UK. Driving feels similar, but a lot of understeer without making changes.
Ultimately it's enjoyable though. Looks good, sounds good.

One thing it keeps doing, even 3 hours in, and it's one of the worst mistakes in game design. It keeps stealing focus away from gameplay to open up the map, and show me stuff I don't need to look at. The woman is always there yapping about new events, and that's more than enough for me. Please don't show me an event page multiple times, or flash the map up to show me the shiny new pins.
The modern era of ADHD gaming. :D

FH4 is the best of the Horizon IMO. The weekly seasonal events take a bit of getting used to but I quite enjoyed that structure over the FH3 way.
I thought the UK would be a bad setting, as I loved the Australia setting in FH3, but got used to it pretty quickly. The gameplay refinements from 3 to 4 weren't noticeable at first, but I find it hard to go back to 3 now. Still enjoyed 5, but it didn't really evolve the game much, just more of the same in a new location.

Been working through the final playlist, managed to 100% summer, but stuck on Autumn, I've finished everything so far except for the The Trial, which is brutally hard this time. Usually the trial doesn't take more than 2 or 3 attempts, but I think I've had around 15 attempts for this one and just can't get a team good enough to beat it :(

Try using Hoonigan Focus RS RX Welcome Pack with tune 103 110 995 (since you should have that car already) for the Autumn trial. Think it took me 3 attempts - first one I had the wrong car, second one had a player shunting teammates off [don't do that!], third one had 2 good players and others like me doing well enough to score net 0 (i.e. finishing above half the drivators). Third race of the series hardest so should ideally win the first 2 so that the third one doesn't matter.

Some other cars that can also be used are listed here

I'll try that car - I've not tried it yet. I'd been trying to use the Opel Manta with reasonable success (never too good on the first race, but have won the 2nd race a few times... with other teammates getting 0 scores...)

Since I bought the Lego and Treasure Island expansions the Trial seems to auto-complete every week, I now have to do very little to get the required points for the 2 weekly awards

Final managed to complete The Trial... was a close call. Good team in the first round, then we were losing in the 2nd round until the last place person quite and the points swung to us!! so relieved... hope the next few seasons aren't as bad!! Thanks for the car recommendation @Man-In-A-Teapot , it was much easier to handle than the Opal.

Back
Top Bottom