Forza Horizon 4

Associate
OP
So how does this compare to Forza Horizon 3 guys? I still have not purchased either. I prefer the sights of Australia if I am honest. The UK can wait, I see it all the time, pot holes and all :p

That said, is the general game, graphics, sound etc much better in this? If so I might as well skip FZ3 and go straight to this :)

My initial impressions after a few hours are that it will be a better game than FH3:
  • Driving mechanics are very much the same, as is the tuning and upgrade system
  • Graphics are slightly improved in a few areas, better shadows at night, better snow effects and some lighting improvements
  • Sound is generally good so far, no doubt there will be a number of copy/paste sounds from FH3 & FM7
  • The seasons actually make a good difference, especially winter as the driving conditions change drastically road to road and large parts of the map become unrecognisable (Rivers and lakes freeze to create new areas/routes)
  • Everything has been split up to have it's own level progression, e.g different levels and rewards for road and dirt races, as well as stunts, car collection level and even marketplace levels. Each car now has it's own skill tree rather than one universal tree.
  • You get hammered with rewards all the time, constantly getting more credits, wheelspins and rewards for levelling in each of the new progression trees. The car skill trees even give wheelspins and credits.
  • My only real negatives at the moment are that the menus have become a little tricky to navigate with all these new things, it's a bit overwhelming until you figure everything out. They still haven't made claiming your DLC cars easier, you still have to go through the whole process of buying each one individually. Some of the destructible terrain is a little jarring as well, you fly through old stone walls with little impact and it feels a bit strange.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
My initial impressions after a few hours are that it will be a better game than FH3:
  • Driving mechanics are very much the same, as is the tuning and upgrade system
  • Graphics are slightly improved in a few areas, better shadows at night, better snow effects and some lighting improvements
  • Sound is generally good so far, no doubt there will be a number of copy/paste sounds from FH3 & FM7
  • The seasons actually make a good difference, especially winter as the driving conditions change drastically road to road and large parts of the map become unrecognisable (Rivers and lakes freeze to create new areas/routes)
  • Everything has been split up to have it's own level progression, e.g different levels and rewards for road and dirt races, as well as stunts, car collection level and even marketplace levels. Each car now has it's own skill tree rather than one universal tree.
  • You get hammered with rewards all the time, constantly getting more credits, wheelspins and rewards for levelling in each of the new progression trees. The car skill trees even give wheelspins and credits.
  • My only real negatives at the moment are that the menus have become a little tricky to navigate with all these new things, it's a bit overwhelming until you figure everything out. They still haven't made claiming your DLC cars easier, you still have to go through the whole process of buying each one individually. Some of the destructible terrain is a little jarring as well, you fly through old stone walls with little impact and it feels a bit strange.
Really appreciate that mate, thanks :)

Soldato
Picked up standard yesterday, runs like a treat compared to FH3 at launch, I'm getting a solid 60fps on high setting siwth my 970. Fun game and looks really good.

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Finally got a bit of time to play this over the weekend, loving it. Can see me sinking a lot of time into it!

Back
Top Bottom