Forza Horizon 5 - Mexico

Soldato
Have they now sorted the problems with windows 11 and amd cpus? hows windows 11 for you when gaming? on par with windows 10? im a bit behind on the news about it all
They patched the AMD L3 cache latency and CPPC issues a while ago, but even before that i had no issues with gaming performance on Windows 11.

Have people been using s DS4/5 pad ok? Mine just says connect controller every time I touch the pad
I use a DS4 with DS4Windows and its been fine.

Soldato
Played this on my OLED this morning, most AA settings turned off, nice and sharp now. Sick of the blurryness that is there at 1440p though on my Dell monitor.

Handling feels easier than Forza 4 even at same difficulty.

Soldato
@eekfek
9bb33b7f2309db38ceece279c3d95da3.png

Asked for an invite, Kelticdaz is my moniker.

Associate
They patched the AMD L3 cache latency and CPPC issues a while ago, but even before that i had no issues with gaming performance on Windows 11.

I use a DS4 with DS4Windows and its been fine.
Thats good to hear, im in no rush to get windows 11, but if it downloads in the background one night or if im falsed into having it i wont be as worried now

Associate
I'm entering one of the current championships, choosing solo against drivatars and find I'm up against fellow OCUk'ers who are kicking my behind! :p

How come I'm not up against the bog standard drivatars?

My understanding is that the game will use names from your friend's list or club. Can't test that, have no friends.
They're kicking your butt because even though the cars are easier to drive than in FH4 the drivatars are harder to beat for a given setting, especially in higher difficulties. Used highly skilled mostly in FH4, using average or above average with stock tunes in FH5.

Soldato
My understanding is that the game will use names from your friend's list or club. Can't test that, have no friends.
They're kicking your butt because even though the cars are easier to drive than in FH4 the drivatars are harder to beat for a given setting, especially in higher difficulties. Used highly skilled mostly in FH4, using average or above average with stock tunes in FH5.

Cheers, I'm on highly skilled for this race as that's a requirement to win, but I won other races at the same skill level, so dunno.

Soldato
Well...I couldnt play last Friday for personal reasons..so today is the first shot I have to play was earlier today..and..

About 15 minutes in, I was doing the car drops as the introduction to the game and the game took a ****! :mad:

It just froze up, music still playing and had to Ctrl+Alt+Del to get back to windows!

I fired up some "Project Cars 3" to see how it faired with the PC and the XBOX Controller, and ran great for the 35+ minutes I tried. Also temps etc.. were great.

Im on Windows 11 also. Any input would be appreciated!

Caporegime
Had a brief play, Vega 56 still holding strong at 1440p and enjoying the gameplay. I've had two BSODs though, the first I thought due to my earlier undervolting attempt. Reset those settings but it did it again, albeit took a lot longer to do so. I had this same issue with FH3, going to default my 3700X settings and go from there.

Soldato
Well...I couldnt play last Friday for personal reasons..so today is the first shot I have to play was earlier today..and..

About 15 minutes in, I was doing the car drops as the introduction to the game and the game took a ****! :mad:

It just froze up, music still playing and had to Ctrl+Alt+Del to get back to windows!

I fired up some "Project Cars 3" to see how it faired with the PC and the XBOX Controller, and ran great for the 35+ minutes I tried. Also temps etc.. were great.

Im on Windows 11 also. Any input would be appreciated!

You running the game as administrator?

I had a couple of crashes at first, google suggested running as admin, and I've had a few hours playing since without any probs.

Soldato
You running the game as administrator?

I had a couple of crashes at first, google suggested running as admin, and I've had a few hours playing since without any probs.

Yeah, there are no profiles on this PC. So its admin as default I believe. Will keep an eye on it, and try again later..cheers.

Associate
Its a bit meh tbh , then again unless its a simulator it wont keep me interested.
Its great if arcadey racers is your thing.

Associate
Cheers, I'm on highly skilled for this race as that's a requirement to win, but I won other races at the same skill level, so dunno.

Just tried the seasonals, unless you have the right car they're tough to crack and also inconsistent. Did the hot hatch one easily with a stock A45, managed second in the classic muscle with a stock Stingray. Tried the third one briefly and couldn't even get close.

Associate
Was doing an arcadey thing this evening and just got up to 50k x 5 multiplier for drifting about and the game just stopped and kicked to desktop.
Bugger.

Back
Top Bottom