Forza Horizon 5 - Mexico

Soldato
I also feel these games get boring pretty fast. The driving is decent and the maps are great but something's missing and the entire atmosphere is naff, especially in FH4.

FH3&4 were probably the most expensive games I've ever bought and I won't buy this one at launch for sure. I'd dig it more if it was a bit more grounded but this one doesn't seem much different, though the map looks great.

Soldato
Its a lack of festival. In fh4 I loved the tutorial as it felt like the island was alive as it introduced you to characters and different challenges. You were driving in cool races with an announcer, Then after that it was basically do these slightly different races and just pretend a festival is still happening.

I honestly feel like horizon needs to be more linear game where they attach some sort of story to it that celebrates the festival vibe. Just having a hub and wrapping it around a location just doesn't do anything and collecting cars is dull.

I'd rather more story driven races, zip around the island for collectibles and maybe hidden cars and that's it. Like it never ends but I feel like the games should have some sort of ending to the festival.

Last edited:
Soldato
I must admit, a nice as it looks, and the availability of driving newer cars, It's essentially the same as FH4.

I've always bought the Forza games, I didn't like Motorsport 7 so barely played it, but have played FH4 a lot. Not sure FH5 is worth the coin.

Soldato
I liked 4 mostly because it was set in the UK, 3 was OK but didn't have much long term playability, 5 just looks like 4 in a new location so I can't see me picking it up until it's cheap.

Soldato
don't really fancy losing my cars to the cartel or having to start a new char cos they killed me, setting it in such a hell hole is an interesting decision though

Soldato
OP
Wheel settings
Screenshot-2021-09-07-185703.jpg

Wheel discussion https://youtu.be/3_nnCpurahs?t=3243

Seems everyone is on the same server now, like a MMO :confused:
https://youtu.be/3_nnCpurahs?t=3398

Soldato
Back
Top Bottom