Forza Motorsport 3 Demo Discussion Thread

Soldato
You can press one of the directions on the D-Pad (Left or Right I think) to switch to drift points mode for anyone that didn't know.

Bored of the track already, wish they'd given us a couple or used a more famous one.

Associate
Pretty impressed, I only got a 360 a few months ago and actually never really played it. Engine sounds are excellent and the handling is consistent. Wondering if I can justify the price of a Fanatec wheel as the game is certainly well above par :/

Soldato
All I can say is Ooooooof!!!! . I am in absolute love with the 911 GT3 RSR. Quite possibly the best thing I've played on my Xbox 360 to date, adore the handling, watching the AI making mistakes and tussling with each other, the sensation of speed and beautiful beautiful graphics, the interior of the car isn't exactly mindblowing but just to have car interiors makes them so much more real and authentic now, no longer feels like driving a very fast camera around a circuit.

I can't wait to thunder down the Mulsanne straight in GT and LMP cars, its what I've most been looking forward to with FM3 and after playing the demo I know I'm not going to be dissapointed. Oh yeah :D

Soldato
Only needed 1 or 2 laps of each car to beat my 6 friends that have played it (hi g0rd :p) and get myself in the top 1% of 70,000 players for each car.

*flexes e-penis*

Dup

Dup

Soldato
Top of my friends list with the Evo with a 1:13.861. I could get that to the early 13s but I dunno how I could do 1:10 or below like the leaderboards!

Soldato
Top of my friends list with the Evo with a 1:13.861. I could get that to the early 13s but I dunno how I could do 1:10 or below like the leaderboards!

I'm 18th in the world for the California. I'll try the Evo now.

Strange....I can't access it now. Anyone else the same?

Last edited:
Soldato
Leaderboards playing up for anyone else? just slipped into the 1:06's in the r8 and it took an age to upload, now all the boards are blank......

And I cant get into the TT mode now at all.

Soldato
Yep leaderboards not downloading at the moment..

I posted a 0:59.8xx in the GT3 RSR, I was 35th, then I dropped to 44th, I'll probably be 10,000 by tomorrow...

Awesome game, hotlapping really gets you to explore the physics engine... I admit I have to use traction control with the GT3! or I'm hovering around the 1:00.4xx mark without it..

Kudos to DaveySkillz at number 1! that guy is so quick..

Over on FM.NET they said you'd be able to download ghosts and replays at some point!... that'll be good if it's race replays, max carnage here we come!

Soldato
My thoughts so far.

Graphics: There's no doubt about it, this is a huge step up from FM2, car models in particular are fantastic. Having said that, T10 just don't seem to be able to nail that photorealistic colour palette that PD does in the GT series, everything still looks a bit over-saturated. Overall though it's a gorgeous game, and the cockpit view (which I will always use) is superb, the driver's position and FOV are just perfect, the only criticism of the cockpit view I would have is it could do with a little more movement, it's a bit static.

I don't think the jaggies are that bad at all, in fact there are a lot less jaggies than the first game. I'd actually say it's one of the crispest looking 360 games yet (I'm playing on a 50" Samsung DLP @ 720p).

Sound: Again, fantastic. Engines sound natural, meaty and correct.

Physics: Here's what it's all about, and I'm glad to say it doesn't disappoint. After the mess that was Shift this feels utterly sublime. Cars feel more solid and weighty than in FM2, and you get great feedback from the car, you can really sense weight shifting and it all feels so 'right'. I'm only using a pad and the controls are great, just the right amount of sensitivity and response, and you can put the car where you want and be lovely and smooth. What impressed me most was the MINI, it felt and behaved EXACTLY right, it's an absolute hoot to play with lift-off oversteer just like in a real FWD car. I'd honestly say this is approaching PC sims in terms of physics.

All in all this is just what the doctor ordered after the disappointing NFS:Shift, it's everything I was expecting and hoping for :cool:

Pretty much sums it up, absolutely fantastic and really loving this, only 4 weeks till the full thing, can't come soon enough!

My only pet gripe is one tiny, tiny thing, as much as I love cockpit view, I find I do much better times in bumper cam, I just hope that in full FM3 bumper cam has the 2 (3 if Turbo/SC) dials in the bottom centre of the screen, just loved it like that! :)

Overall though, awesome, demo I've looked forward to more than any other and didn't fail to impress! :D

Soldato
mmm loving it but finding it a bit jaggied myself too ....

a 50 inch DLP may well by nature of its technology apply a certain amount of non-selective AA :) - making things look rather smoother

but on my 1080p Dell 24 inch LCD - it looks jaggied - still good though

Soldato
Just remember that what we are seeing in the demo is just the eye candy, the Forza gameplay is what keeps people playing for years.. With more classes, upgrade options, ect, it can only get better.

Soldato
I've F2 in the drive at the moment to compare

somehow I thought the graphics were "smoother" and less jaggied on F2 - but I may be remembering wrong

Soldato
Just watching one of my hotlaps from the time trials. This really is a nice looking game and i love the sound of that R8.

Can't wait to see what the tuners, painters and Video makers do in the final version.

Back
Top Bottom