Forza Motorsport 3 Demo Discussion Thread

Soldato
Played this last night and very happy... after the complete disappointment of the NFS rubbish last week it was nice to get a racing game that feels just about perfect.. Everything blends in nicely for the perfect experience, graphics, sound and most importantly the handling.

An extra track would have been nice but with the game only a few weeks away I'm not complaining, a must buy and looking forward to it even more now.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Drive the track in reverse (in TT mode so there's no AI to get in your way) in the MINI, it is unbelievably fun in the downhill segments, the physics are just incredible.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Time Trial mode. Press 'Y' on the track selection screen to bring up the leader board, then press 'A' to start. You'll start the game with no AI and unlimited laps :)

Soldato
Time Trial mode. Press 'Y' on the track selection screen to bring up the leader board, then press 'A' to start. You'll start the game with no AI and unlimited laps :)

There was me wondering how everyone was achieving so many hot laps !

cheers for the tip !

Associate
The only thing this demo has achieved for me is to make me more impatient for the full game!

What a hoot! Graphics are so much better than FM2, yet seem to retain a very high framerate. Maybe I'm not as good as some of you fellas, but I think the AI is pretty good, suitably aggressive, very close racing with the AI drivers making just as many mistakes as I do! The cars do feel slightly heavier than in FM2 however.

Brilliant - 9.5/10

Soldato
One thing I noticed about the AI. It seems that whereas before it was:
Easy - Cars are just really slow
Medium - Cars are reasonably fast but slow around corners
Hard - Cars are fast and don't make mistakes

Now it's more of a matter of car's going around at similar speeds, but making more mistakes around corners (or is it just me?) and it plays so, so much better!

Soldato
Argh, since discovering Time Trial mode this has really got that "oohh just one more lap" grip on me. Im amazed at how fun it is racing your own ghost and seeing where you can make up that extra tenth. Im still bloody awful at taking that first long left hander though, any tips? My best time in the evo is a 1.13.9 :/

Also can't drift for crap, most I managed was 5k points....that still puts me in the top 1% lol, I guess most people haven't found that yet.

Associate
Just played the Demo and Forza in general for the firast time, love it! The replay aspect of the game is amazing, didn't do too well on the leader board though :(

Soldato
Well that makes a difference ! clear track - unlimited laps - just managed 1:01.494 in the 911 (no aids apart form no clutch) but I'm sure I can get another second off, but I'm pretty close to my talent wall :o

Soldato
No surprise to see this getting good comments.

Hoping to give the TT a go at the weekend if I get a chance.

What are peoples fave car(s) in the demo?

Can I ask any of you guys with decent 5.1 are you getting enough deep bass from this game? For some reason it wasnt coming through my buttkicker but will have to recheck my own connections or maybe the demo isnt fully using the .1 LFE channel properly?

Last edited:

Dup

Dup

Soldato
The R8 is the the liveliest car to tame in the demo. I've spent more time with the Evo so far but that's due to chasing the 1:09.900 ghost car for hours, but the Porsche really does have a great balance to it making it great to drive. Can't wait to geek out all night on it again.

I have no 5.1 sound so I run my sound through a punchy old midi hi-fi however it does sound a bit flat to me.

I really really want 5.1, never had the pleasure and I really feel im missing out. You'd think after all these years a decent system would be at least half affordable.

Caporegime
First impressions are really good! I've just had a bash with the Evo 10 and I'm about to try and set some good times with the Coopers. Dunno about you lot but the only assist I use is the ABS. If I turn those off I seem to brake later into the corners and end up locking up the wheels and dying in a big ball of flames so abs has to stay on. :D

If anybody's done a few hot laps in the Mini then post your times. :)

Edit: Forgot to mention also that the graphics are beautiful! A nice little upgrade from Forza 2.

Back
Top Bottom