Forza Motorsport 3 Demo Discussion Thread

Caporegime
Feels just like FM2 just better with more weight.

Ideal, colours are a little bright though. If they toned them down the gfx would look much more realistic

Dup

Dup

Soldato
The wartning triangle is if it was a clean lap or not (contact or going out of bounds).

I'm now 311th on the leaderboard for the Evo with a time of 1:11.886. You can add the leaders ghost and try beat it. Can't match his first corner but I can the rest more or less. Gonna try a different car now. It's so nice to drive this game, I'm enjoying chasing those tenths.

Soldato
Been trying this a couple of times over the evening, as a background I play iRacing far far too much on the PC which is a fairly hardcore sim.

Graphics:
Forza 3 is undoubtedly very pretty, my only gripe is a lack of AA, but it's not as bad as it could be,

Handling/Physics:
Similar to Forza 2 as far as I can tell with a pad, good as far as console racers go, however compared to something like iRacing it lacks a bit, saying that I would be very interested to play with a wheel, but only way that'll happen is if the G25 gets supported.

Sounds:
I like on the whole, bit odd though as I don't find the music in this a distraction but I do when playing sims on the pc,

Going back to a previous point, if this had G25 support I'd definately be buying it on release day, as it is I probably won't, plus I have reservations to the quality of the online racing compared to iRacing.

I am enjoying effectively hotlapping though, just spent a while with the evo, got down to a 1:12.186 registered, the lap after that I was up over a second towards the end but royally messed it up (it's nice that rewind laps simply don't count on the leaderboard :)) so top 1%, reckon a 1:10.xxx is doable by me, I'd imagine the extra control of a wheel making that (relatively) easy...

Soldato
just done about 40 laps in the evo, my best is 1:11.7, currently 321st although i dont think many above me have all assists off with clutch :)

trying to beat a mate who is running 1:11.1's although he is using the wheel, will try mine out tomorrow

Soldato
As a big time Forza 2 fan I've just had a quick blast with the Mini.

Love it. The Graphics look fantastic and run silky smooth. My only grip is with the view on the bumper, the rev counter and speed are not centered like Forza 2.

I managed a 1:15.456 with the MINI Cooper which places me 594.

Sam

Sam

Soldato
I find it odd the Mini JCW times aren't that far off the evo.

Agreed anyone else find that the R8 seems to pull the best up that hill as well :confused: evan better than the Porker ....

+ im sorry but that mini sounds nothing like my mums 08 cooper S ! Must be a diffrent engine or something ;) :p

Dup

Dup

Soldato
There is an awesome screencap on one of the loading menus. There's a black Porshce chasing what looks like a classic Ferrari and you can see the Ferraris tyres deformation like it's going to pop off the rim.

Soldato
The R8 does seem to pull very well, the interior of the R8 looks amazingly done, adds to the big heavy, but precise feel of the car :)

The Cooper S sounds like the one I had for a day around easter time :)

Soldato
There is an awesome screencap on one of the loading menus. There's a black Porshce chasing what looks like a classic Ferrari and you can see the Ferraris tyres deformation like it's going to pop off the rim.

Yeh I saw that, did you see the detail of even the screws on the fog lights?! :eek:

Dup

Dup

Soldato
Yeh I saw that, did you see the detail of even the screws on the fog lights?! :eek:

Found a pic :D

3950724727_cc21a4d443.jpg

Permabanned
Just lost it in the GT3 on the long run after the start line and smashed into the wall

Go to bonnet cam and wait for the race to start and just stay there and watch the cars shoot off in the reflection of your bonnet.

This game is good. Good being an understatement.

Last edited:
Associate
Just lost it in the GT3 on the long run after the start line and smashed into the wall

Go to bonnet cam and wait for the race to start and just stay there and watch the cars shoot off in the reflection of your bonnet.

This game is good. Good being an understatement.

Pfft, if it was a real man's crash there wouldn't be enough of a bonnet left.

Anyway yes it's going to be a wonderful game, just read about how to get the time trials and thought i'd try a couple of laps in the gt3, ended up doing nearly 20 :o. I forsee a trend which can only get worse in about a month's time.

But it got me into the top 1% (~850th at time of writing) of the leaderboard apparently, don't think i'll be getting under 1:00 anytime soon though, but it's enough for my ego for now.

Back
Top Bottom