Forza Motorsport 7

Soldato
It feels like Forza 3 Horizon with the cars having much more weight.

Not being able to adjust graphics whilst racing is a major pain, okay there's a benchmark you can do before but I want to tweak as I play ala FH3 allowed.

It doesn't run as smooth as FH3 with same details/settings and the only way to run 21:9 is select native res.

It's not amazing, but it's okay so far.

Soldato
hmmm - wheel support is there fine but very "unfeeling" using a wheel.

I get the thought that this is much more a casual pad game - using the wheel I felt very "disconnected" from the driving. Even F1 2017 you felt much more "in control" of the steering etc.

I know this is only a demo etc but I get the feeling that with Project Cars 2 out later this week, that will be more of the "wheel" based driving game than this.

Soldato
hmmm - wheel support is there fine but very "unfeeling" using a wheel.

I get the thought that this is much more a casual pad game - using the wheel I felt very "disconnected" from the driving. Even F1 2017 you felt much more "in control" of the steering etc.

I know this is only a demo etc but I get the feeling that with Project Cars 2 out later this week, that will be more of the "wheel" based driving game than this.

Been thinking this for about 6 months. Forza is not a sim game, FFB won't even be as good as half baked. Forza has just turned into an eye candy arcade racer to be played with a controller. Been thinking all along I'll just mess around on forza7 and go all in with Project Cars 2, and the other sim racers. Be good to see it on pc though. I just think it's to late to the party. Other racing games have moved on so much more than Forza over the years.

Last edited:
Soldato
What response are you looking for?

Have you played previous Forza games? Even on the OG Xbox? Not everyone's cup of tea I know. But there's a lot of die hard Forza fans who LOVE the series.

Associate
anyone else notice that their gpu isn't reaching its max clock?

My EVGA SC 1070 normally sits at around 2 Ghz in most games but with this it hardly ever hits its base clock of 1594 Mhz and as result can be as smooth as falling down a flight of stairs in places..

Associate
Can't even run the game, Soon as the cutscene finishes at the start of the game where it says Turn 10 the game starts to lag like hell and I can't do anything.

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Runs well here all ultra (motion blur off) at 1080p, Trucks are fun, Porsche understeers like a dog and the R35 is a beast in the wet. Short but enjoyable. :)

Soldato
First impression are positive with a xbox pad anyway its very playable and looks very nice too and i am glad they had given us that extra internal dash cam view also.

Enjoyed racing the trucks and the R35 the Porsche just need to test it with my wheel which is were it will probably fall down no doubt.

Soldato
Got mine working, turn off any overlay or rivatuner. It's very smooth, hitting around 91fps average in benchmark at 1440 ultra everything and 4xmsaa.

It's just so arcadey though and don't get me started on the FFB with wheel. I knew all along it was going to suck donkey *%$! with a wheel though so I'm not upset.

Back
Top Bottom