Fractal Arc Mini Build

Soldato
My new case just arrived today so couldnt wait to open it and take a look, apologise for the pics only have my phoen with me. Not sure if it should really be i SFF but as its Matx i guess it is?

I will be building it later, mostly reusing my current components waiting on my 570 to come back from MSI so will have to continue to use my lil 430gt for the time being. Got a new modular psu to put in and a few extra fractal fans. Tempted to get the H100 and shove it up in the top....

Anyway a few pics of it bare as I looked at it at work :)

IMAG0162.jpg

IMAG0183.jpg

IMAG0164.jpg

IMAG0175.jpg

IMAG0177.jpg

Soldato
OP
Couple more

Top removed to show where the 240mm rad could fit, as its shifted right over to the side, thick rads wont be a problem, they say you cant use a rear fan when using a rad in the top but i dont see why you cant mount the fan externally, as there are some holes with rubber grommits to pass the fan cable through

IMAG0184.jpg

And some of the bits and pieces you get

IMAG0186.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Few more pics :)

Stripped down ready to begin the build

P1040175.jpg

I'd bought a few extra fractal fans before the case arrives and turns out there a different type! The supplied ones are the fans with more blades which as it turns out spin a lot faster and are a fair bit noisier, think i may ditch the card reader and get a 5.25" fan controller instead. Havent bothered using the supplied pci fan controller as I thought it would look too messy.

P1040184.jpg

removed the supplied fan from the front panel to go with the one that was in the rear, now the front two (the ones I purchased seperately) match and there silent without being on a controller at all.

P1040181.jpg

Soldato
OP
Starting to take shape :)

P1040191.jpg

Just about done

P1040192.jpg

It was a squeze to get the side panel on as its amazing how the wires soon mount up :) I will go back and do it properly in a day or two but as I was building it on the table the wife made me rush it in the end as she said I was being too noisy!

Associate
Looks good, and a neat build. With regards to the CPU cooler mounting, looks like it should have rotated 90degrees to be mounted - it would have cleared the metal backplate on you motherboard and just about cleared the mounting hole in the case?

Associate
Does the side panel fan mount protude from the side panel?

Edit: Also, is it possible to mount the cooler on the front 120mm fan mount?

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
What are the temps on the 620 like? Tempted to get a 920. Is the 620 pump noisey at all?

Its vitually silent comapred to the likes of a H50

Yes it sticks out and you cant mount the antec cooler on the front fan mount.

its sticks out by a couple off mm max, and if you had some short screws to mount on the internal face of the front fan then yes you could have a rad mounted in the front panel

Does the side panel fan mount protude from the side panel?

Edit: Also, is it possible to mount the cooler on the front 120mm fan mount?

See above

Associate
its sticks out by a couple off mm max, and if you had some short screws to mount on the internal face of the front fan then yes you could have a rad mounted in the front panel

One of the main things that put me off this case was the side fan grill and they have done the same on the define mini on the roof aswell O_o.

I have the Define Mini atm (build for someone else) and not the Mini Arc but there is no way to mount the rad on that even with short screws on that chassis and doubt it will fit on the Arc as the hoses would hit the lower hdd cage but I only had the H70 to try with.

Soldato
OP
One of the main things that put me off this case was the side fan grill and they have done the same on the define mini on the roof aswell O_o.

I have the Define Mini atm (build for someone else) and not the Mini Arc but there is no way to mount the rad on that even with short screws on that chassis and doubt it will fit on the Arc as the hoses would hit the lower hdd cage but I only had the H70 to try with.

actually your right due to the clips that hold the fan in place, the rad would have have to be mounted sideways but a simple fan shroud shoud sort that issue and even improve the cooling too, whats the issue with the side fan grill mount?

Soldato
The pictures look nice, so I decided to check out the dimensions. But it's too big and heavy for me, still a nice looking case though.

Soldato
OP
It is a little on the large size but its still a little smaller than the p180 mini think, id contemplated about itx over and over but as the zotac took so long to come i bought the maximus iv gene so was stuck with matx, out of all the matx cases ive had this imo is by far the best ive had fortress 3, lian li 345b, sugo sg02, sugo sg03, inwin dragon slayer, p180 mini to name a few :D

Back
Top Bottom