• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Frame Rating: AMD Improves CrossFire with Prototype Driver

Caporegime
A video can only tell you so much. The best feel is using the setup yourself, then you get to see what its really like. ;)

I disagree. As you are aware, a lot of guys said they don't see it but I could clearly see it in the video of Skyrim when it was running at full speed. When it was slowed down, users were saying "Oh, I can see it there", so it is down to the individual and the quality they are happy with I guess.

Not that it matters and hopefully these will be out soon and that will be another plus for AMD :)

Caporegime
OP
I disagree. As you are aware, a lot of guys said they don't see it but I could clearly see it in the video of Skyrim when it was running at full speed. When it was slowed down, users were saying "Oh, I can see it there", so it is down to the individual and the quality they are happy with I guess.

Not that it matters and hopefully these will be out soon and that will be another plus for AMD :)

If its something you cannot notice, feel or see without slowing it down then there is no issue for me. I don't play games in slow motion.

Soldato

Part of the issue was that a lot of people were not experiencing the same thing in their games.

I could plainly see the effect in the video, but I don't get that effect in my games.

Soldato
Are you talking about the video from the 7950 vs 660ti from some time ago greg?

That was on single cards not CrossFire, however, it was fixed a while ago to only be gubbed again on the betas(not official) but not sure if that's on both single/dual card mode.

As above, when playing in real time, there is not much amiss outwith FC3 and Skyrim on the betas.

Caporegime
OP
I just hope that the new driver actually makes the games feel smoother. However i have a feeling in the majority of cases it will feel exactly the same but FCAT will say its smooth so then everything will be ok.

Caporegime
I think it was on the single card Tommy. Whatever way, I could clearly see it at full speed but some said they couldn't. Like I said, it is down to the individual and if you can't see it, no loss to you :)

Soldato
I think it was on the single card Tommy. Whatever way, I could clearly see it at full speed but some said they couldn't. Like I said, it is down to the individual and if you can't see it, no loss to you :)

Part of the issue was that a lot of people were not experiencing the same thing in their games.

I could plainly see the effect in the video, but I don't get that effect in my games.

Soldato
For the record, I thought it was funny!

Haha me to, as a rule these type of jokes are only acceptable when aimed at AMD products or users :p.

Considering just how bad those 320.18 drivers are, AMD fanboys have shown a lot of restraint, because you know if AMD were killing cards with drivers the Nvidia fanboys would jumping all over it...

Associate
you know if AMD were killing cards with drivers the Nvidia fanboys would jumping all over it...

Bit of the gospel right here,

AMD have done a massive amount of work from the ground up to change a view that they are poor on drivers etc, this has been helped around these parts with at times a balanced view & support from a number of forum member's (you know who you are;)).

I also think more member's are happier to come forward to talk about issues they have with nvidia, something a year ago you would never see,

Does this mean cats will get along with dogs? I'm not sure as fanboys will be fanboys, but the more open people are with the good & bad the more stuff can be tackled and fixed as we seem to have two members happy to collect the info and pass it on which is a benefit to both camps

Soldato
Does this mean cats will get along with dogs? I'm not sure as fanboys will be fanboys, but the more open people are with the good & bad the more stuff can be tackled and fixed as we seem to have two members happy to collect the info and pass it on which is a benefit to both camps

^^^
This

Well put

Back
Top Bottom