Free Cisco Meraki AP

Associate
I've worked in these environments too and others where it's fine to create "DMZ" VLANs.

Personally I wouldn't run DMZ VLANs, I'd run a separate switch, but it's all down to individual budgets and so forth.

I've been told by pentesters that you can bleed data between VLANs.

Very interesting this, now you have done it.. got me all worked up :D

I am going to see if I can detect any leak of data between VLANS at home

Anyone with an MR12 out of subscription and sitting idly doing not much...?

OpenWRT has now been compiled to run on these devices. :) The build will most likely run on the MR16 too. Still in alpha but progressing nicely, I can't take credit for the work as that's been done by a fella on the OpenWRT forums but have been helping with the testing and documentation.

Works with the Gb NIC and wifi, 2nd NIC in progress so this could become a fully fledged router in time and with all the advantages OpenWRT brings.

You need to do a tftp boot and establish a serial connection to get it installed, but it's a £3 USB adapter and an hour of your time to do so. If anyone wants the images drop me a line and I'll get them hosted, save you building them.

edit - MR18 up next...

Caporegime
Yeah basically you can reflash them and lose the value of the Meraki ecosystem and that's about it.

I'd throw it on eBay and buy something else if I wanted a long-term option and didn't fancy a subscription.

Back
Top Bottom