Free quest 2 VR cover faceplate

Associate
What they've supplied for the money is absolutely astounding value. Can't blame them in the slightest for generally charging more for accessories.
Yeah I agree it's great value... apart from the fact the face cover causes issues.
The fact they are offering free replacement shows they know its an issue

Soldato
Yeah I agree it's great value... apart from the fact the face cover causes issues.
The fact they are offering free replacement shows they know its an issue

Yes, but it's not everybody that faces issues. And as they're offering the replacement free, I struggle to see how that's an argument against value? In addition, a large number of people are abusing this offer, which is where the delays are coming from.

Associate
Associate
Yes, but it's not everybody that faces issues. And as they're offering the replacement free, I struggle to see how that's an argument against value? In addition, a large number of people are abusing this offer, which is where the delays are coming from.

I LOVE my quest 2 and its great value and never disagreed with that. But the people clearly abusing the free covers and selling online is infuriating.

I refuse to buy one on ebay etc as clearly they got free.
And when I tried to actually buy a vr cover they are unavailable. Likely as struggling to supply these free replacements.

I'll have to wait

Soldato
Arrived today, 3 days early. Fitted it, not had a chance to actually try it, but it does feel nice. Like the complete darkness of the nose flaps, but may have to get used to not being able to see.

Soldato
Arrived today, 3 days early. Fitted it, not had a chance to actually try it, but it does feel nice. Like the complete darkness of the nose flaps, but may have to get used to not being able to see.

Why is that an issue? If you need to see the outside world whilst wearing the Quest 2 you just tap the headset twice to enable pass through mode.

Soldato
Why is that an issue? If you need to see the outside world whilst wearing the Quest 2 you just tap the headset twice to enable pass through mode.

That is not convenient in a few games, since it drops you out of multiplayer (like real vr fishing). If I fancy a sip of coffee whilst fishing, I like being able to look down past my nose to see where the cup is.

Soldato
That is not convenient in a few games, since it drops you out of multiplayer (like real vr fishing). If I fancy a sip of coffee whilst fishing, I like being able to look down past my nose to see where the cup is.

Please post a video of you drinking a mug of coffee whilst wearing a Quest 2...

:D

Associate

I do this.
It's like drinking while walking under a limbo pole

Soldato
It's a massive mug too. It involves a lot of head tipping and careful slurping :D.

Red wine and a straw works for me.
50743309342_f2ff8e8c04_o_d.gif

Associate
Any way to track the vr cover to see if despatched or still processing??

My email has a tracking link but when I click it it comes up with the games I've bought etc and no vr cover tracking

Soldato
Any way to track the vr cover to see if despatched or still processing??

My email has a tracking link but when I click it it comes up with the games I've bought etc and no vr cover tracking

No. Mine took 15 days to go from Ordered to Shipped. And there was no way to track that I could tell. Just have to wait basically. I'd say wait 2 full weeks (remembering there's bank holidays around this time) and then bother support if you've heard nothing more.

Associate
No. Mine took 15 days to go from Ordered to Shipped. And there was no way to track that I could tell. Just have to wait basically. I'd say wait 2 full weeks (remembering there's bank holidays around this time) and then bother support if you've heard nothing more.

OK cheers

I waited 2 weeks from asking for the vr cover to just getting the link to input my details to actually order one
Seems it'll be another 2/3 weeks for it to arrive.

Some order and get in 3 days lol ah well

Back
Top Bottom