Free quest 2 VR cover faceplate

Soldato
finally got a reply to my emails - no link ever appeared but they advised how to order it directly through my oculus account. just done that now and got a provisional delivery date of April 7th!

Soldato
Wtf lol
I requested mine about 2 weeks ago and still waiting. Good for some. Terrible for most

No, it's just you.
50743284567_066c0db645_o_d.gif

Associate
I bought one last week as didn't want to wait :D everywhere seems to have stock.

Oculus must be getting a lot of requests for the "Free" ones, to take so long to send them out. They sorted my last RMA super quickly.

Associate
I bought one last week as didn't want to wait :D everywhere seems to have stock.

Oculus must be getting a lot of requests for the "Free" ones, to take so long to send them out. They sorted my last RMA super quickly.

Where did you buy one from??

Edit -
oh see amazon have them. Annoying as I've order my free one and waiting for despatch/delivery for a week now.
Tempted to buy amazon one and send it back once mine comes from oculus.

Ridiculous I can't play more without rash on forehead for hours

Last edited:
Associate
Sorry missed your question but yeah available there, pretty expensive for what it is.

Hopefully Oculus will sort you out soon.

I wanted it quickly, as my son found the original really uncomfortable and could only play for 20 mins even with a halo style strap. He wasn't allergic though so wasn't sure if it was fair to get a free one.

D3K

D3K

Soldato
Arrived yesterday, damn it's a great fit.

Much wider angled than the original interface. I will be sending the £40 size pack back to Amazon, happy days.

Just had an email from them

Thank you for your interest in Oculus! We look forward to keeping you in VR. We'd like to offer you a specially priced refurbished replacement product.
Please log in to your Oculus account to purchase refurbished replacement products by using this personalised link, click here.
Note: This link was customised for you, and will expire once you complete your purchase or after 30 days, whichever comes first. If your link expires before you've had an opportunity to purchase, and you'd still like to take advantage of this offer, please contact us.
Our refurbished parts and products come with a 6-month manufacturer's limited warranty. Additional details related to the warranty can be found and reviewed prior to completing your purchase via the link above, and then can be downloaded for safe keeping on your account history page after purchase.
Please get in touch if you have any questions.
The Oculus Team

Apparently I would have to pay $30 for a refurbished one. WTF?
Sent them an email.

Hi can I have an update please? I had some crazy joke email saying I have to pay $30 for a 2nd hand one. Please can you let me know the real answer?

Associate
Mine was manufactured 2021/03, does this mean i'm not eligible? one of the first things i noticed coming from the rift s was how uncomfortable the faceplate was and i was left with a redmark on my face in the shape of the faceplate after using it but that could also be due to the stock strap being too tight.

Soldato
Mine was manufactured 2021/03, does this mean i'm not eligible? one of the first things i noticed coming from the rift s was how uncomfortable the faceplate was and i was left with a redmark on my face in the shape of the faceplate after using it but that could also be due to the stock strap being too tight.

You are wearing the stock strap wrong, but, it's ok everyone does it. You should have the back of strap as low as possible on the back of your head and the top strap should be taking all the weight. You should only tighten the side straps enough to hold the headset in place. What people usually end up doing is over tightening the side straps and that becomes very uncomfortable after a while.

The problem with the stock strap is that it really needs a counter weight on the back to stop the headset slipping down on your face.

Back
Top Bottom