Free Shipping for Loyal Forum Members

I too live in the highlands and islands area and was wondering would it not be possible for OCUK to deduct what they would normaly pay on behalf of loyal forum members for free delivery from the surcharge we have to pay and then just charge us the difference.

i would be very surprised if they cant or wont as they have always been so helpful in the past and have changed stuff on rma and been so helpful.

i would have thought they must be able to sort something out for the few that are just out of the free postage area/bandage.

Im sure its not OCUK but the delivery company that regulates the cost of sending things offshore. Thus OCUK will pass on the cost to the consumer. Why should they swallow an extra few £ charge on an order, that might not even amount to the cost of the postage?

I deal with the carrier companies where i work and yes they do charge more for offshore as well as the highlands of scotland. It is all to do with the depot location. Not many courriers have depots on the channel island or northern ireland. In fact most use a company called countrywide in northern ireland so they have to pay for a third party to deliver. Thous passing the cost onto there customer.

I do understand OC have costs to meet by the carrier companies,,
But if they can do free postage for loyal members, then sure to god they can even offer a discount for the rest of us ?
eg. if someone that lives on the mainland can get free postage of £xx Then how come OC cant knock off the same £xx for us, and we can just simply pay the extra....
Only seems Fair to me.

I do understand OC have costs to meet by the carrier companies,,
But if they can do free postage for loyal members, then sure to god they can even offer a discount for the rest of us ?
eg. if someone that lives on the mainland can get free postage of £xx Then how come OC cant knock off the same £xx for us, and we can just simply pay the extra....
Only seems Fair to me.

It's a loyalty reward, why should non-loyals/one off purchasers benefit?

The postage is reasonable without any discount.

Whats not fair is that I am part of the UK as far as RM is concerned and I get nout off! :p

It's a loyalty reward, why should non-loyals/one off purchasers benefit?

emm what he's sayign if the people who qualify for the free postage (post count + membership length) should get discounts for shipping to NI etc. not that any one would get the discount.

i often buy from OC, got all my pc parts from it, mainly seperate, so post and packeage quite high, just another 89 days and lots more posts to goo. With a bit of luck i can help people on the way :)

DPD? like any courier there ok if someone is in. Try getting someone to pick up from their depot for you - nightmare, never mind the closest depot is in nottingham - no derby / mansfield / alfreton / chesterfield.

Back
Top Bottom