French fire bombers target British immigrants

Permabanned
OP
Zip said:
Maybe you should start to screen all the immigrants before they get there.

And deport any illegal ones.(AFAIK Italy seem to take a lot of ours :p )

Its how we do it
It isn't only illegals who are the problem. And we aren't allowed to because the EU determines our immigration laws; we don't.

Caporegime
I would tend to say that maybe the Polish were the wrong people to aim this thread at. Possibly there are plenty of other immigrants that the OP could have aimed the thread at, that are much more deserving of the treatment the English get in France.

The polish, in general, do fit in with our way of life in Britain, and do pay their way, and also (in my experience) often help uplift a community, that was previously under achieving.

There are other immigrants who foist there way of life on us, and do not integrate into their community, that this country would be much better off without.

Permabanned
OP
Entai said:
I would tend to say that maybe the Polish were the wrong people to aim this thread at. Possibly there are plenty of other immigrants that the OP could have aimed the thread at, that are much more deserving of the treatment the English get in France.

The polish, in general, do fit in with our way of life in Britain, and do pay their way, and also (in my experience) often help uplift a community, that was previously under achieving.

There are other immigrants who foist there way of life on us, and do not integrate into their community, that this country would be much better off without.
I admit that the Poles are not the worst. They are however not welcomed by me or by other nationalists.

Caporegime
dirtydog said:
I admit that the Poles are not the worst. They are however not welcomed by me or by other nationalists.

Don't get me wrong, I am all for kicking everyone out of this country, but at least the Polish do, (as I said previously, in my experience) help, and contribute something to their community, to the benefit of all in that community, not just other Poles. Which is far more than can be said of any other immigrant nationalities, certainly in this area.

Zip

Zip

Soldato
dirtydog said:

Who works harder for cheaper? Nationalists or the Poles?

Who runs most big companys in the UK who hire people like this? Nationalists or the Poles?

Now would you buy a car that has done 400,000miles for 20k or a car that has done 350,000miles for 10k?

Zip

Zip

Soldato
dirtydog said:
What does it matter? Unless you are a capitalist businessman you will favour your own countrymen over foreign workers, to benefit your country.

You would probably find that the Business men are in it for them selves to make the most money they can ;)
So they are the ones hiring the poles and giving them "UK Jobs" in the first place ;)

I know i would try get the most for my money

Permabanned
OP
Zip said:
You would probably find that the Business men are in it for them selves to make the most money they can ;)
So they are the ones hiring the poles and giving them "UK Jobs" in the first place ;)

I know i would try get the most for my money
That is my point precisely :)

Soldato
Its only happened 3 times, it's probably a small hate mob who just want to be violent and can hardly be compared to a nationwide immigration issue.

Its more akin to those crazy cornish extremists who are running around doing damage to non cornish natives, just a sad bunch of people with nothing better to do.

Unless someone can post some evidence of this being a wider issue for the whole region then its a non starter.

Permabanned
chimaera said:
Its more akin to those crazy cornish extremists who are running around doing damage to non cornish natives, just a sad bunch of people with nothing better to do.
AFAIK those crazy cornish people have no links with the IRA.
Whilst this might be nothing to worry about the article states that people fear that it might be the beginning of something.
I wonder how differently you would view it had it been your car?

Soldato
Some areas of the Dordogne are very much like the Costas with enclaves of British people who don't mix etc. My folks are moving to France next year but they are doing so because of the culture etc. Most people in France are very welcoming if you make an effort to at least learn some basic language and take an interest in the culture. I imagine people just after better weather and cheaper housing while retaining their own little corner of blighty won't go down too well.

Soldato
VIRII said:
AFAIK those crazy cornish people have no links with the IRA.
Whilst this might be nothing to worry about the article states that people fear that it might be the beginning of something.
I wonder how differently you would view it had it been your car?

It wouldn't be my car as i have better sense than to live in France ;) if it had i would be annoyed that a bunch of morons torched my car, the same feeling i'd get if a bad driver totalled my car through an avoidable accident.

I did find this which i found interesting...
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/global/main.jhtml?xml=/global/2005/02/21/wbret21.xml

Whilst i agree it could lead to bigger problems, its also important to remember that the vast majority of French locals have no problems with the Brits.

Indeed the 'whole town uprising' quoted in the OP was only 100 people out of nearly 3000.

It is something to be concerned about but i believe its been sensationalised to try and match it with the UKs problems.

Associate
chimaera said:
It is something to be concerned about but i believe its been sensationalised to try and match it with the UKs problems.
France has had one or two more race riots than we have (read cultural differences) so in fact it is the french "leading" the way noth the other way around IMO.

Soldato
Entai said:
I would tend to say that we in Britain are not doing nearly enough things like this to defend our way of life.

If more people did stand up, and be counted in support of Britishness, maybe we, as a country, would not be seen as such a soft touch.

I agree entirely that whoever, moves to a new and different culture, should immediately forgo all connections to their old culture and fully embrace the new one, language, dress style, education, everything, even to the point of changing your religion if the main one in the country you are going to is different to yours.

If you do not want to do any this then, quite simply, don't move, or move to a country that has the same beliefs and culture etc as the one you are moving from.

Ever had to do it yourself? You have no idea.

:p As the empire expanded Britain went round the world changing everybody elses cultures. Now they're all coming back to change yours :eek:

What goes around comes around.

Soldato
Bar said:
I feel as strongly about this as I do about immigrants in this country. I will often quote enclaves in Spain as a similarity.

Good on the French at least they seem to have the to do something about it.

If you move to a country you should only move if you want to embrace that culture and lifestyle - otherwise why move there?

I would love to move to rural France as I love the attitude to life that they have and would happily embrace both it and the language.

Good on them? You're condoning small minded prats who think it is OK to use firebombs. Think before you type. :/

Bar

Bar

Soldato
Good on them? You're condoning small minded prats who think it is OK to use firebombs. Think before you type. :/

I do think before I type - helps to form words you know.

I am condoning those who are willing to stand up and try to save their way of life and put themselves before immigrants.

Soldato
Bar said:
I do think before I type - helps to form words you know.

I am condoning those who are willing to stand up and try to save their way of life and put themselves before immigrants.

Words fail me. So I expect some time in the future we'll be seeing you on the BBC news when you attempt to firebomb something to protect your way of life?

The next time a suicide bomber blows himself up in Iraq or even this country, just remind yourself that you're OK with people resorting to violence to protect something they believe in.

I'm guessing you condone the actions of other groups closer to home like the IRA? They fought for something they believed in and were prepared to undertake utterly moronic and painful acts to show just that.

Back
Top Bottom