****Fresh random image thread (with rule addition)Every post MUST contain an image!****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
cheapo.jpg

Man of Honour
K81sGSc.jpg

Short story version:

Someone at work ordered a projector for a training project without notifying either myself or my manager since we handle this kind of stuff. Projector dies and needs to be RMAd, no invoice to be found, nobody comes forward as to who ordered it and higher ups are moaning that they're a projector short.

I contact Acer and request an RMA or the supplier it came from based on serial number so I can track down via them.

Acer says no receipt = no support.

I don't have a receipt so can't use the sale of goods act against them since it wasn't bought from Acer directly so decide to play both sides and mention 12 months and UK law instead.

The support rep quickly backs down off his waving NO finger and decides that actually the manufacture date is indeed enough to initiate an RMA.

Being fobbed off by companies is a pita.

Tea Drinker
Don
My Epsom projector went bang after a week of buying it from eBay, no receipt, no idea of purchase date nothing. Phoned Epsom who got me to read the serial number and they come and swapped it for a new one.

1969-gto-judge11.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato

That photo was taken by someone that I work with. My favourite photo from his website is this one:

tyko8H0.jpg

The man is sitting on a tank of (liquid) Mercury. Mercury is so dense that most things, including humans, will float on it. Obviously don't try this at home as mercury is also highly poisonous!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom