Fridge Problem - Ice forming at back

Caporegime
check to see if your fridge has a drainage plug somewhere. If this gets blocked the icing issue can occur. It's normally at the back above any chiller drawers you may have in there.

Associate
Add anti-freeze!

Yeah, we've already covered adjusting the thermostat and clearing the drain hole earlier in the thread.

Putting a large volume of liquid in the fridge is a novel suggestion though. I have a bottle of rosé (which has a lower freezing point than water) in mine, will that do? One contributor has this problem with a fridge containing nothing but bottles of wine! Should I try a 5 litre container of windscreen washer fluid? ;)

Associate
I know this thread is old now but I have the same problem in that a block of ice forms at one side of the drainage lip at the back of my frost free fridge. Did the OP ever get this sorted or did you buy a new fridge freezer?

RJC

RJC

Don
I know this thread is old now but I have the same problem in that a block of ice forms at one side of the drainage lip at the back of my frost free fridge. Did the OP ever get this sorted or did you buy a new fridge freezer?
He was was last online on November 2017.

Back
Top Bottom