fried system !!!!!!!!

Associate
bought the Titan 8200i Spinosaur" Intel Core i5 2500K 3.40GHz @ 4.40GHz DDR3 Quad Core in april 2012 and now its fried non operational,contacted overclockers about this and & they are taking no blame over this which has been confirmed by silicon in edinburgh that its a build fault,i would fully expect a refund or replacement built computer no matter what even out of warranty period,if it had been another appliance it would surely be replaced if fault was discovered with build fault yes ? so overclockers build u a system put a wire in the wrong place causing overheating problems & burning out cpu & gpu and they dont want to know ???? is it a scam or what ? my comp has lasted till now but its eventually burnt out over time,so if it lasts over the warranty period then thats fine is it ?? i dont care if its 10 years old if its been assembled wrong in the first place then it up to overclockers to sort this mess out :mad:

Associate
OP
wire thats plugged into power supply cable that should be directly connected to motherboard so ive been told by silicon centre in edinburgh after being diagnosed what the fault is,been told its fried the cpu & gpu over time with overheating

Associate
OP
everyone makes mistakes yeah but forking out £1050 for a system thats now canned through no fault of mine is not right

in warranty or not its not very good customer service to be honest

Soldato
Lol?

I'm sorry but if a wire was incorrectly plugged in (VERY UNLIKELY) then i doubt the system would post. (Power connections have specific shapes to match the cables for a reason)
Also What motherboard is in the system? it may have its own warranty which can last longer than a year.

That "Silicon Center" Seems to be talking out of their behind.

Also please structure your posts, makes eyes bleed trying to see what you have written its that bad.

EDIT: Dont most systems from OCUK have a 24 month warranty?

Man of Honour
Problem will be proving it was assembled incorrectly in the first place, if you can show that I'm sure OcUK will sort it out, if you can't while it sucks I can understand why they'd be reluctant to deal with it outside of warranty (very few companies would). It opens the flood gates for all sorts of abuse.

Associate
OP
12 month warranty & even if the wire was in the right place what does it matter!!! the comp has packed in and wont power on its totally dead,why would silicon lie ? i have the diagnosis printed in black & white and stamped by them to say its overclockers build fault that your system has packed in

Associate
wire thats plugged into power supply cable that should be directly connected to motherboard so ive been told by silicon centre in edinburgh after being diagnosed what the fault is,been told its fried the cpu & gpu over time with overheating

I admit to being very tired right now (Shift patterns have changed, what can you do), but a wire that's meant to go into the motherboard, went into the power supply. :confused:

It's a challenge, to get the wrong wires into the wrong sockets, I'm not sure it's even possible. Can you maybe post a picture of the wire?

Edit - Who is the "Silicon Centre"? If you could post a picture of the report they gave you, it will give some insight into the problem also.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
remember im the customer here and in the middle of this,obviously someone who builds the systems for overclockers will deny the fault which i was told by silicon centre to watch out for but all i want is a fair outcome to this

Man of Honour
remember im the customer here and in the middle of this,obviously someone who builds the systems for overclockers will deny the fault which i was told by silicon centre to watch out for but all i want is a fair outcome to this

post pics of the inside of your rig so we can see this cable in the wrong place please

Soldato
12 month warranty & even if the wire was in the right place what does it matter!!! the comp has packed in and wont power on its totally dead,why would silicon lie ? i have the diagnosis printed in black & white and stamped by them to say its overclockers build fault that your system has packed in

Potentially, they could lie to discredit Ocuk and gain a customer...

As above, Motherboard sockets are 1 way fit only, it's not possible to miss-wire a board and get it to work...

Associate
Out of warranty = no warranty.

Why would you expect a repair or replacement for something out of warranty?

Build fault diagnosis over 18 months after the build is laughable.

Soldato
Computers these days are built so they can't be built wrong. And if such a thing was to occur, it would burn out immediately, this company is talking out their ass. Ask acme15 up there, he wired a motherboard incorrectly and it smoked immediately :D (Tom, don't kill me!)

Caporegime
The system simply would not have worked if "a cable that was meant to go in the motherboard was plugged into the PSU" if that is even possible, which I highly doubt since the 8200i didn't even ship with a modular PSU.

There are five possibilties here. Either:

- This 'silicon' place you speak of are talking a load of cack and shouldn't be in business.
- This 'silicon' place you speak of did something stupid and are now blaming Overclockers.
- This 'silicon' place you speak of replaced your working parts with some dead parts and are now taking advantage of you.
- You have a broken PSU and this 'silicon' place are trying to confuse you and discredit Overclockers so they can gain a potential customer.
- You are trolling us.

wire thats plugged into power supply cable that should be directly connected to motherboard so ive been told by silicon centre in edinburgh after being diagnosed what the fault is

What?

been told its fried the cpu & gpu over time with overheating

That isn't what happened.

And yes, as Hyburnate said, I plugged a USB front panel connector into a Firewire 1394 header and a resistor immediately went up. It wouldn't take a year for anything to happen.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
obviously plenty overclockers techs on here yeah ? so its ok to fork out £1050 for a system bundle & to suddenly shut down with no power & even after 18months ?? so you guys on here would do what nothing ?? cmon think about it u would not be happy if a computer shop said it was incorrectly built in the first place

Soldato
obviously plenty overclockers techs on here yeah ? so its ok to fork out £1050 for a system bundle & to suddenly shut down with no power & even after 18months ?? so you guys on here would do what nothing ?? cmon think about it u would not be happy if a computer shop said it was incorrectly built in the first place

No it's not, nobody here is saying that however don't come here and tell us these what you proclaim facts when none of this adds up. Now just post some pictures.

Back
Top Bottom