Fuel prices

Soldato
You fill up every day?

Once you know where you to for fuel you don't need to keep looking. Asda for example will always be the cheapest and if you have an Asda in your city then the other Supermarkets usually compete.

I have never had an issue finding fuel for a comparatively reasonable amount. It isn't particularly onerous. You just know what it should cost and stop when you see it at about that.

I meant every week. But in my case we don’t have an Asda in our local town.

but yes you can always find it but when I used to buy petrol it was either pay for something that’s there or go out of your way to save money. Going out of your way would also cost money in my instance. Overpaying by 5-10% just adds insult to the list of negatives

It’s much easier to just plug it in at work for free or at home.

Soldato
i think at times octopus has free electricity or even pays you to take it off the grid somehow, so you can charge your car battery at that time.

I’m not sure if they are a good deal otherwise though.

If you really have an electric car and are trying to articulate the cost savings but are unable to reference the Octopus Agile tarriff against the far more sensible Go tarriff (5p/kWh 23:30-3:30) I’m not really sure you are best placed to describe the merits properly.

Soldato
If you really have an electric car and are trying to articulate the cost savings but are unable to reference the Octopus Agile tarriff against the far more sensible Go tarriff (5p/kWh 23:30-3:30) I’m not really sure you are best placed to describe the merits properly.
I don't see why the lack of knowledge of one electricity providers tariffs makes me ineligible to articulate the cost savings of electric cars :confused:

Soldato
15th March 2016 was the last time I paid less than £1!

As recent as that?! I haven't seen sub-£1 fuel prices since about the time I started driving, so 2006 or so. What happened in 2016 to cause it to drop that much?

I have a distinct memory of filling up in 2008 for 118.9ppl at a motorway services (desperate) and thinking at the time that it was absolutely extortionate. If I saw that price now (or rather, just before the lockdown), I'd be ecstatic

Soldato
As recent as that?! I haven't seen sub-£1 fuel prices since about the time I started driving, so 2006 or so. What happened in 2016 to cause it to drop that much?

I have a distinct memory of filling up in 2008 for 118.9ppl at a motorway services (desperate) and thinking at the time that it was absolutely extortionate. If I saw that price now (or rather, just before the lockdown), I'd be ecstatic
I remember after the recession it went down below £1.

Soldato
Haven't filled up since end of March for the main car and end of Feb for the Clio :p Should get through this week coming without too seeing as Wales is still restricted. Hopefully still cheap by the time I fill up

Back
Top Bottom