Fuji X Series

674, small saving.

Looks like £699 is the best price brand new and there are some used ones in good condition going for around £550.

Is anyone aware of any other offers buying new? If that gap is narrower I might as well just go new.

the only cheaper way new is grey imports but many people frown on it.

Frankly if I was in the market I’d be going straight to MPB or WEX. MPB have Like New ones for £559 and WEX have some as low as £519. Furthermore, WEX provide a 12 month warranty with all their used gear anyway - which is all you’d get from Fujifilm for a new one.
Just my 2 pennies’ worth.

Reactions: LiE
I’ve used e-infinity a few times, just takes a week or so to arrive.

Oooo, they've actually dropped the price by £50 or so since I looked on Saturday.

Indeed, used them before and at that price it would be rude not to.

Ordered :)

Also just realised there's no bayonet-style Fujifilm lens hood for the 33mm.

Maybe can get a third party one from somewhere.

Oooo, they've actually dropped the price by £50 or so since I looked on Saturday.

That does tip the scales somewhat.
E-infin are absolutely fine so long as you’re not an impatient person by nature. I’ve used them a few times and it’s usually a 2 week turnaround for me. I’ve seen posts on trustpilot (and other forums) of people getting their stuff within 5 days which is just crazy or super lucky.

Double win today.

EInf order dispatched.

Realised the Fujifilm retro style hood for the new 23 1.4mm also supports the 33 so ordered one of those :D

Reactions: LiE
I’d like to order some diffusion filters for this new 33mm which is 58mm thread size but it would be great if I could fit them on my 16mm f1.4 (thread size 67mm as well).

If I order them in 67mm, do the adaptors e.g. 58/67 work well or are there any serious drawbacks?

They work fine, just look a bit **** and stop lens caps fitting. Only issue I've had is they can get stuck to filters and be awkward to remove occasionally.

The 33mm f1.4 arrived from e-infin. Great service.

It’s phenomenal. I also bought a 58mm Tide Optics cine subtle filter and it’s perfect, the results have that film like feel and don’t look anything like digital… exactly what I was after. I’ll share some snaps shortly as off to California for a road trip so will have plenty of opportunities to snap away.

They do mess with their prices often.

I remember when the X-H2S was a mega bargain £1499 ages ago and I almost bought one. Today sadly its £1699.

And the X-H2 was £1380 but now its £1449.

Here’s two from last weekend. X-T30 II with the 33mm f1.4 and Tideoptics Cinesoft Subtle diffusion filter. These aren’t the best photos from the day but I love the soft/subtle glow vibe and quite fond of the grading too :P

The 33mm is even better at portrait stuff. I don’t see it coming off my camera now ahead of California in a few weeks.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom