Fuji X Series

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
On a different note, does anyone store their X100 series flat? I've heard this is better for the leaf shutter than storing it upright. Less stress and less chance of it jamming.

Associate
On a different note, does anyone store their X100 series flat? I've heard this is better for the leaf shutter than storing it upright. Less stress and less chance of it jamming.
Never heard of this. My x100V is typically upright in a camera bag or storage though, so my peace of mind is eased :)

Associate
When I take the 35 I end up taking less photos but more of them are interesting. The 23 is more "versatile" I suppose, but I end up with mostly boring snaps. Although I realise that's a me problem, not a lens problem.

Subjectively the 35 seems to have warmer colours, but I have no data to back that up.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Well....I have the 23/1.4 and 35/1.4 too, normally I got with the 35/1.4 because it is smaller.

How’s the 35 on the 40mp sensor?

When I take the 35 I end up taking less photos but more of them are interesting. The 23 is more "versatile" I suppose, but I end up with mostly boring snaps. Although I realise that's a me problem, not a lens problem.

Subjectively the 35 seems to have warmer colours, but I have no data to back that up.

This is the way I’m leaning with my assessment. The 23 takes good documentary photos but they are less interesting. The 35/33 take photos that have that little extra something. They are clearly set apart from phone snaps, they look like they are taken on a proper camera. Which is kind of what I’m looking for, photos that are special.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
33mm 1.4 I think, the weight isn’t a huge deal. I use a wrist strap anyway and camera is bagged when not in use.

The 33mm gets me the most excited to photograph things.

Last edited:
Caporegime
It’s back! All fixed and straight in a case lol

s1JwSfA.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom