• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Soldato
AH ok...thanks for the tip. I might be, not sure .. I think it forced me to update recently..
I'll have a read over there and try that if I have to.. maybe a separate partition though as I've got a tonne of work on this system.

Try it with 'Game Mode' disabled in Windows settings first before a rollback, in fact disable everything in the Gaming options, i have to turn that off else my games judder.. im on AMD but still, just a thought :)

Man of Honour
So Gysnc is broken with Creators update? :confused:

Microsoft have also broken HDR! :o

It isn't related to G-Sync - I've been trying to get to the bottom of it for awhile and it can be seen randomly across a variety of hardware including mobile devices using Android, etc.

Some things seem to make it worse and more noticeable like enabling Fast response times on the Dell S2716DG and game mode with the creators update, etc. but even then its quite random.

Associate
OP
Agreed, it's far more mysterious.

I'm not running creators update either so no game mode toggle anyway.. for what it's worth.

Associate
So Gysnc is broken with Creators update? :confused:

Microsoft have also broken HDR! :o

Seems to be...at least for quite a number of people. The worrying thing is, it's been absolutely months - and still no proper fix from either Microsoft or Nvidia. Plus, Microsoft will probably eventually just shove the Creators Update down everyone's throat!

I didn't even realize HDR was broken as well...what a farce!

Soldato
It isn't related to G-Sync - I've been trying to get to the bottom of it for awhile and it can be seen randomly across a variety of hardware including mobile devices using Android, etc.

Some things seem to make it worse and more noticeable like enabling Fast response times on the Dell S2716DG and game mode with the creators update, etc. but even then its quite random.

So you would say, it's a monitor to avoid if I do go Gysnc?

Associate
I

It seemed worse in my case with Gsync enabled...but you're definitely right - there's more to it than that. I had stuttering - albeit less - regardless.

Soldato
Agree with Roff, do not believe its G-Sync specific. I got it on my devices in the banner clip with the tank. On my phone, iPad and G-Sync panel which is entirely different to the one mentioned here.

Man of Honour
So you would say, it's a monitor to avoid if I do go Gysnc?

Its hard to say its just so random - I thought for awhile it might be related to versions of HDCP and there are people who've surmised that but then I've found instances of systems using the same HDCP implementation that aren't affected :s

I would say it was just due to the low framerate of video content but to a lesser extent you see it in 60fps video and/or games and the other thing is that on some hardware it isn't present or very reduced to hardly noticeable.

Associate
OP
one thing is for sure, my mac mini and old cinema display does not do the weird judder thing.

so I'll plug the Dell into the mac and report back.

Man of Honour
one thing is for sure, my mac mini and old cinema display does not do the weird judder thing.

so I'll plug the Dell into the mac and report back.

I just tried it on my Galaxy Note 4 phone - smooth and solid panning or objects moving horizontally in the videos linked without a sign of judder.

Associate
OP
oh don't say that! I have a Galaxy note 4 as well, and it's pretty noticeable! I got paranoid thinking it was just me for a sec.. but my girlfriend can see it too. it's not as bad as the Gsync though.

Soldato
I just tried it on my Galaxy Note 4 phone - smooth and solid panning or objects moving horizontally in the videos linked without a sign of judder.

Those videos linked are only at 24fps and 30fps, after YT have compressed the crap out of them, YT videos seem to lose some framerate quality too, if they had been 60fps they might not look so juddery, right?

Just going by Twitch streamers at 30fps, you can really tell they are at 30fps.

Soldato
Those videos linked are only at 24fps and 30fps, after YT have compressed the crap out of them, YT videos seem to lose some framerate quality too, if they had been 60fps they might not look so juddery, right?

I think YouTube has always had a kind of weird judder to it at times anyway, i guess it depends on a lot of things.. I've watched some anime that looks fairly smooth, and often times that's made at much lower frame rates than usual and then double/tripled up.

Man of Honour

It isn't just youtube - I've other videos including high quality ones from digital cameras, etc. that show the same thing and you can see it but to a lesser extent in games - it somewhat more noticeable at lower framerates but as I said some hardware shows it badly other stuff its fine.

Back
Top Bottom