Poll: Game of The Year 2016

Vote for your OcUK Game of the Year 2016

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Caporegime
It would seem that no-one on this forum knows a good game from a soggy cabbage :p

Shadow Warrior 2 is without doubt the best this year, just pure unadulterated violent fun.

Played it, got bored after about 5 hours :p The kid humour didn't do much for me either.

Soldato
I haven't played Witcher 3 as I've been saving it and just brought Titanfall 2 but for me Battlefield 1 is game of the year. Doom was okay but the single player was rather short and awhile I liked the old school mechanics it just didn't have enough play time to be considered, BF 1 has clocked in 110 hours already!

I like Overwatch but feel like it isn't worth spending what the asking price is, I played Rise of the Tomb Raider but preferred the original reboot more.

Associate
If I look at that list, I think that the PC gaming world is in one hell of a sorry state.

On that list of twenty titles I see only one that's fairly original, and that's Stardew Valley.

Fifteen titles are are direct sequels, Inside is 'just another platformer', Overwatch is Team Fortress in all but name, and The Division is a copy of about a hundred titles that by now are indistinguishable from each other.
And Stellaris? Just another friggin' forrecks game. Sigh.

What a carpy state of affairs!

I could name about ten to twelve indie titles that should be on that list for creativity and longevity alone, but this lot as contenders for THE top games for a whole year?

Sorry, but that's just not good enough for the whole gaming industry. It reeks of laziness, money grabbing, and pee-taking, it reeks of economic fear of producing a flop. This is not much more than an accountant's dream list.

Last edited:

jc0

jc0

Associate
Inside, followed by Blood & Wine. If Dishonored 2 was in a more playable state, I might think differently.

Soldato
I'm glad to see No Mans Sky got **** all awards.

It could have won the award for Most Deceptive Money Grabbing Dev.

Before it was released someone described it to me as space exploring and naming stuff.

I don't know what else people were thinking it was when they paid for it but it sounded dull to me.

Soldato
Goes to show how marmite gaming is, there were many many people slating BF1 and yet here it is, in our very own community, tied in the runner up position for Game of the Year.

Na people moan before a game is launched and when its launched its briliant vs people hype u a game(no mans sky) and well the rest is history :D:D:D

I still have not played fallout 4 yet or witcher 3......

Permabanned
I think the reason BF1 is so high up is simply because it looks flashy and plays relatively easy. I like it a lot, but it's the least inspired shooter to come out in the last few months. TF2 obviously mops the floor with all of them ;P

Soldato
To be fair there are many games not on that list that should be...Black Desert Online - Total War: Warhammer - Master of Orion remake - Planet Coaster etc etc

Back
Top Bottom