GameMax F15M Gaming Case (Budget Cooler Master H500M)

Associate
The glass front does look great hopefully it doesn't hurt airflow too much.

PC has been on all day, fans set to low. Current Case temp is 30C.

Turned fans to max for a couple of hours, and its now at 28C (CPU is reporting 26 though, so not sure how accurate those readings are....)

So for my purposes airflow is fine on low, I imagine the full mesh version would be a couple of degrees lower.

Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
OP
Full mesh all the way I say! :p:D

Ok. Here's my H500M:

P-20200225-164359.jpg

Very nice. What CPU cooler you got there? Also nice RAM. In the future I may get a smaller cpu cooler and rgb RAM.

Here's a quick video (cant work out how to embed it!)

https://imgur.com/3Cb6CBH

Looks much better on a video. Love the lighting effects on the fans :)

Associate
Full mesh all the way I say! :p:D

Very nice. What CPU cooler you got there? Also nice RAM. In the future I may get a smaller cpu cooler and rgb RAM.

Looks much better on a video. Love the lighting effects on the fans :)

Thanks.
I´m using the Scythe Mugen Max as cooler. Since this cooler comes with a round 140mm fan ( with 120mm fan holes), had to drill 4 extra holes on the Cooler Master 140mm Argb fan.

Minutes later of doing this, just found this fan with 2 holes in each corner...lol:

https://www.silentiumpc.com/en/product/stella-hp-argb-140-pwm/

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
OP
Got to say this case really is value for money. I am enjoying having something new, even though what I had was great.

Still not heard back from their support team regarding the rattling fans, I get the feeling they do not have a support department with the prices they charge, either that or it means cheap fans equals they all rattle so they are just ignoring me. Might need to contact the retailer.

Soldato
I'll let you know about mine when I'm home and the system is built.

Might be worth asking on mikes hardware unboxed YouTube channel mean time. He's pretty good at replying.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
OP
I'll let you know about mine when I'm home and the system is built.

Might be worth asking on mikes hardware unboxed YouTube channel mean time. He's pretty good at replying.
Thanks. I have two types of rattle, one that is at all times but you either need to be in a rather silent room or put your ear up against the fan to hear it. The other starts and stops which is much louder rattle. If the later stopped I could live with the former I suppose.

Associate
Notice the magnetic strip on the side? It is a GameMax one and was only three quid, currently hooked to my mobo. But like an idiot I did not realise they had ARGB ones for a couple quid more and I could have had that work on the fan controller and change at the same time as the 3 fans. Lol. Oh well, might just buy one of those also as they are so reasonably priced. All depends on how good their support is, as I have contacted them about the fan rattle to see what solution they can provide. If their support is good then I will buy two and also sing their praises here and elsewhere :)

I bought a couple of the ARGB ones and plugged them into the case fan controller. Here are the results! (The second strip is on the top pointing down that you cant see)

https://i.imgur.com/OcK7Xa5.mp4

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
OP
I bought a couple of the ARGB ones and plugged them into the case fan controller. Here are the results! (The second strip is on the top pointing down that you cant see)

https://i.imgur.com/OcK7Xa5.mp4
Super. Going to do the same :)

Kind of don’t fancy giving them any more money due to them not replying back to my questions, but I am going to give them the benefit of the doubt with covid-19 and the fact that their stuff is cheap relative to their competition. Will just contact the retailer about the rattle.

Soldato
I've got the kamikaze pro ( F15M on the way) I bought a game Max velocity fan for my cpu cooler to match the system fans but for some reason the LEDs are going anti clockwise instead of clockwise like this others. Anyone offer any suggestions?

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
OP
I'd be curious as to what noise levels are like with that front mesh design actually
I have not tried but I on the review the guy says that they can be pwm and can get the mono to control them. On dc on low setting I would not say they are whisper quiet but you mainly hear the air being pushed (unless you get rattle like my fans). On my last case I had my fans hooked to mono and they were on lower rpm when browsing, you literally could not hear them unless you put your ear near the case.

Soldato
Did you miss mr1000’s post? :)

I may just order one and put my RGB strip at the top as from what I can see it does not make as much impact.
No but I wanted to show off my handy work :)

I think a single colour strip might be better. It shouldn't take away from the fans as much.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
OP
No but I wanted to show off my handy work :)

I think a single colour strip might be better. It shouldn't take away from the fans as much.
Ah fair enough, it did not occur to me that was your case. Thought it was some random link from youtube, my bad :o:D

I ordered a ARGB strip, so will have one of each, can always swap over from top to bottom when I want :)

Associate
On that slippery slope.... AIO cooler next.... well, that big hunk of metal just spoils the look doesn't it? :p

Looking at 240mm rads, case supports up to 360, but only in the front. I want to mount to the top, so 240 is the official limit. (Though in this vid he suggests a standard depth 280 should also fit...)

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
OP
On that slippery slope.... AIO cooler next.... well, that big hunk of metal just spoils the look doesn't it? :p

Looking at 240mm rads, case supports up to 360, but only in the front. I want to mount to the top, so 240 is the official limit. (Though in this vid he suggests a standard depth 280 should also fit...)

Haha.

Post pics when it's done :)

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
OP
I have installed the ARGB LED Strip that I ordered recently and I think you may have a point, it can be a little distracting having them on at times and it does seem to detract from the fans. Maybe I just need to get used to it. Will leave it like this, but if it does not sit well with me eventually I may put the ARGB strip to the top and put the RGB strip to the bottom.

I guess there is a fine line between tasteful RGB and too much RGB, feels like I may have crossed the line with the ARGB strip at the bottom :p

Back
Top Bottom