Games After the Witcher 3?

Soldato
I've been playing this for a long time now, but after I finish the expansions I'm pretty much done. It's been for me, the best game I've played in the last 10 years. Where do I go from here? I'm not into multiplayer or online gaming, but want another 1st or 3rd person RPG or FPS with a solid story line that will give me a good few hours of gaming. Or am I just going to have to wait until Cyberpunk 2077?

Associate
Kingdom Come: Deliverance is out on the 13th. I've not got into any new game since Witcher 3, nothing had me hooked like that masterpiece but this seems like it has a very similar vibe albeit a bit clunky looking. Some of the depth they have gone into with historical accuracy and gameplay mechanics looks very impressive from what I've seen. Also the entire game world advances on its on with NPCs all having their own agenda whether you arrive for the quest or not which is a really cool idea if they've managed to pull it off.

I'm just a bit worried about the combat with a controller, usually this would be a no brainer purchase on PC for me but I have no desk or decent internet at the moment so think I'll go for PS4..

Associate
I'm assuming you've done Skyrim? If not then that, and if so then maybe Enderal the Skyrim total conversion mod.

Soldato
Assassins creed Origins is a really good game, open world which is stunning and pretty cool combat, the story is a bit weak but I thoroughly enjoyed it even after playing W3.

Associate
Recently finished Horizon: Zero Dawn and I have to say the story was pretty good. The game isn’t without its foibles, much like any game really and it takes a while to start revealing the ‘big stuff’ in terms of storyline but I think it’s an interesting one.

P.S. I completed Witcher 3 on pc too.

emu

emu

Associate
im digging shadow of mordor at the moment was only 12 pounds on the xbox store and have put a lot of enjoyable hours into it

Soldato
OP
im digging shadow of mordor at the moment was only 12 pounds on the xbox store and have put a lot of enjoyable hours into it
That was the last game I completed before W3. I might look into Shadow of War.

AC Origins is something I've not considered. I only ever played the first game.
Skyrim - I've never played it, I played Morrowind, that was ok.
Horizon Zero Dawn is a good shout!

Soldato
AC Origins is something I've not considered. I only ever played the first game.
Horizon Zero Dawn is a good shout!

Both of those games are excellent. HZD being the better of the two. It's one of the most enjoyable games I've ever played.
Origins is more of an RPG than anything else really. BUT the first hour or so is a bit rubbish; make sure you stick with it til you get the hidden blade.

Soldato
I've been playing this for a long time now, but after I finish the expansions I'm pretty much done. It's been for me, the best game I've played in the last 10 years. Where do I go from here? I'm not into multiplayer or online gaming, but want another 1st or 3rd person RPG or FPS with a solid story line that will give me a good few hours of gaming. Or am I just going to have to wait until Cyberpunk 2077?

I'd give another vote for Horizon as I'm guessing you have a PS4.

You might not be looking to drop a chunk of money on a Switch but I can honestly say Zelda: Breath of the Wild is one of the best games I've played in 30 years of gaming (man that makes me feel old).

I've tried many of the old Zelda games but unfortunately didn't get on with most, always found them too restrictive compared to proper open world titles like Oblivion but BotW is a game changer.

Soldato
Bloodborne
Dark Souls Trilogy
Monster Hunter World

All fantastic games that will eat up a lot of your time. They have multiplayer capability but if you want to go solo you can do just that. I haven't played Horizon Zero Dawn but I've heard nothing but good things from friends.

Soldato
You might not be looking to drop a chunk of money on a Switch but I can honestly say Zelda: Breath of the Wild is one of the best games I've played in 30 years of gaming (man that makes me feel old).

Same. Zelda: BoTW is the best game I've played in recent memory.

Soldato

Compared to W3, Shadow of Mordor is a awful game. Same repetitive crap, a few main missions, a few side quests. Attack forts, kill/dominate captains, capture forts, etc.

Caporegime
Horizon Zero Dawn is the only way you can go. Witcher 3 has ruined gaming for me, but Horizon was very close.

If you thought Morrowind was only okay, then I wouldn't bother with Skyrim because it's a diluted poor man's version that holds your hand all the way through.

Soldato

Kingdom Come is your best bet. I played the other games people recommend (AC Origins, Horizon..) but none even approach the quality of Witcher 3.
Kingdom Come will :)

Soldato
TW3 is still my greatest game to date (been gaming since I started primary school {username a hint for when this was}), what I would give to play it through again for the first time. I have a feeling I'll be waiting a long time to top it. In the meantime I have been playing most things for an hour or 2 with the exception of BF1 and PUBG then deleting them.

Back
Top Bottom