Games you did not like at first but now you do.

Soldato
Hello all,

After Starting a new game of Two Worlds 2, Withing 30/45 minutes I thought it was rubbish, After giving it a chance I'm now 33hours into the game and loving every minute of it.

The question is have you played a game and thought "Meh it's poop" stuck with it and it turning into a gem of a game??

Soldato
The Witcher is the ultimate example of this imo. I imagine quite a few people struggled through the first chapter or two thinking it wasn't very good and then once they got to the second quarter of Vizima found it to be an incredible game.

First 2 chapters probaly took me a few months, then after that i couldn't stop playing it and finished it in a few days

Associate
The Witcher is the ultimate example of this imo. I imagine quite a few people struggled through the first chapter or two thinking it wasn't very good and then once they got to the second quarter of Vizima found it to be an incredible game.

First 2 chapters probaly took me a few months, then after that i couldn't stop playing it and finished it in a few days

This pretty much happened to me. But I didn't even get to the inn after the prologue. Left it for maybe 2 years and then went back and blitzed it a few months ago. Loved it!

Funnily enough, the same has happened with Witcher 2. I'm sure I'll go back and complete that soon and enjoy it as well.

Maybe Red Orchestra 2 will be the same, lol. But that isn't because I feel that it is a bad game, it just doesn't feel like it works at the moment. Leaving it a few months for them to fix, it might change that.

Soldato
Dawn of War 2.

I absolutely adored the first DoW, my favourite RTS alongside War3, but as soon as DoW 2 announced that there would be no base building, I recoiled in horror :). Being a gamer who played everything from Dune up, base building was so key in the RTS genre for me.
I did play the DoW 2 demo but just didn't get it.

However last week someone spotted that DoW2: The Complete Collection was on sale for £17 in our bargain thread, so I thought I'd give it a proper go. I'm now totally engrossed in it, it's brilliant :). A little different from the first one, but definitely in a good way.

Soldato
Mass Effect. Started playing it and really didn't get into it. Went back to it when we moved and had no Internet for a week, made myself give it a chance. Love it.

DoW2. It's no DoW but it's still pretty good. Co-op campaign is good, Last Stand is better, still don't like the multi-player (long live DoW1).

NFS Shift. Really couldn't get into it because I could not seem to get the controls and sensitivity set right for me. Eventually I did though, love it now. Tuned Lambo LP640 = :D.

Diablo II. Was introduced to Diablo I when I was 9 by my brother. It scared the **** out of me. So did Diablo II. Having grown up a bit, I love it. (still won't play it at night though)

Associate
Borderlands was a real slow starter for me. Once you start progressing and levelling up it becomes much more fun.

Thought I'd double posted lol

Last edited:
Associate
Dead rising. Get some levels under your belt and dont worry about restarting a few times and its a much better game.

Associate
Mass Effect, such an incredible game. It took me three tries to get into it. I first started and wasn't feeling it then I tried again for the third time and absolutely loved it.

Have yet to play ME2, I'm trying to find places that sell it cheap. ME3 looks great now, but want to play ME2 before I do so.

Back
Top Bottom