Gaming Kickstarters

Associate
I backed Massive Darkness at the end, figured it would probably be my last big KS seeing as we're coming out of the EU and P&P will go through the roof. Looking forward to the game and the Z:BP crossover, but also the amount of monsters that I can use in the future for other things such as rpg, mordheim type skirmishes etc.

Soldato
I backed a Kickstarter for a game called 7th Continent which is due to be shipped around October. This however is also the month that my baby is due and with everything else I do I will have absolutely zero time to play this.

Think I'm going to look at selling it brand new as soon as it is delivered. Guessing either Ebay or maybe BGG are my best bets?

Soldato
Looks pretty cool.

You're late to the party. Bad Crow declared on Sunday that they were removing the Armored Core licence from the product "to avoid delays in getting licencing approval on the stretch goal materials" (translation: they're offering stretch goals they don't actually have the rights to produce) and since then 20% of their backers have bailed. I would advise against backing this project.

Soldato
You're late to the party. Bad Crow declared on Sunday that they were removing the Armored Core licence from the product "to avoid delays in getting licencing approval on the stretch goal materials" (translation: they're offering stretch goals they don't actually have the rights to produce) and since then 20% of their backers have bailed. I would advise against backing this project.

That's a shame, looked like a cool idea.

Soldato
Received my copy of Secret Hitler today. I went for the wooden box version. The quality of everything is really amazing. Looking forward to this hitting the table.

HeX

HeX

Soldato
Thornwatch Kickstarter is up:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/loneshark/thornwatch

mXBn0W5.jpg

Lone Shark Games and Penny Arcade have combined forces to create the first Eyrewood Adventures Game: Thornwatch!

Thornwatch is a graphic novel adventure that bridges the gap between narrative-driven RPGs and pick-up-and-play board games. Players take on the role of the Thornwatch: sworn guardians within the dangerous, world-spanning magical forest known as the Eyrewood. Each session begins in crisis, when a desperate denizen of the forest ties a knot of thorns around a birch tree and binds the Thornwatch to their aid. Years in the making, this game was originally envisioned by Penny Arcade's Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins and is co-designed with Lone Shark's Mike Selinker, Chad Brown, and Rodney Thompson. We present to you: Thornwatch.

Soldato
Looks alright but feels like another Zombicide reskin. Nothing wrong with that but once you've played one they all feel a bit samey.

If you are interested I'd simply wait for it to hit retail at this point as the kickstarter ended a while back.

Soldato
Yeah you can do a late backing but I'm tempted to wait retail now.

It does sound similar but there sounds some new mechanics, kind of hoping its unique enough to stand out as a dungeon crawler without DM is really tempting.

That Thornwatch looks kind of cool too (plus I love Tycho and Gabe) but none of the descriptions give too much away about gameplay (unless I've missed it) and cautious on backing until I know more.

Soldato
Anyone seen/backed Massive Darkness by Coolminiornot who made Zombicide?

Looks interesting but $120 to back is the only option.

Yes. We play a lot of Zombicide and Descent so this is a mixture of the 2 from what I can gather (missus backed it with all the extras).
Looks to be out around March/April.

Associate
Anyone seen/backed Massive Darkness by Coolminiornot who made Zombicide?

Looks interesting but $120 to back is the only option.

Yep, I backed it. I bought 1 game and lots of extras for myself and another $120 pledge to sell on to soften the hit.

I have zombicide black plague which is also made by CMON and love that. It's good fun with some mates and a few drinks. So I'm sure this game, while not as in depth as other dungeon crawlers, will still be a fun pick up and play game.

Back
Top Bottom