Gaming Kickstarters

Soldato

It is tempting until you work out roughly how much it will cost.
£88 + £46 shipping + VAT (at current exchange rates).

CMON have come in for a lot of stick recently with the extra charges. I'll just wait for retail release or the 2nd hand market, kickstarters are just not worth it anymore in this country.

Soldato
I've only ever funded one game in the past - Middara. Makes the Gloomhaven box seem dainty. :)

I've funded this. Love everything to do with STALKER. On my first tour of Chernobyl it honestly felt like I was returning to certain parts after playing the game.

Soldato
was any one interested in : Worms the board game (min £79) :

Pledge Manager will be closed on the 1st of December.
https://pledge.manticgames.com

Reactions: Zaf
Permabanned
was any one interested in : Worms the board game (min £79) :

Pledge Manager will be closed on the 1st of December.
https://pledge.manticgames.com
I didn't know this was a thing, I'll have to check it out being a big Worms fan!

Associate
I've been debating the Nemesis Retaliation Kickstarter for the last few days - Decided to not bother for now though as it looks a bit too simple/co-op and missing the betrayal elements of the first game. Will keep an eye on it though as it looks cool.

Soldato
any one interested in : Tiny Epic Cthulhu

This launched today/i got an email about it and funded to 110,000 already.

for those interested

$20 for print and play
$25 for 1x boxed copy - ❌DOES NOT include Deluxe content or Cult of Chaos expansion.❌ DOES NOT include Premium Print & Play content.

DELUXE BUNDLE x1 $40 About £32 ✅ DELUXE VERSION OF TINY EPIC CTHULHU INCLUDES ***Kickstarter Limited-Exclusive Deluxe Content*** INCLUDES Cult of Chaos expansion!️ INCLUDES Premium Print & Play of included content.​

Estimated delivery : Nov 2024​

est uk shipping cost $13
all as of todays date

Last edited:
Associate
Not sure if anyone spoke about this all ready but i am finding a lot of Kickstarters have absolutely horrendous prices for shipping to UK and hide it until later into the pledge.
+ VAT becomes the big killer

I have gotten to the stage where I am only really looking at expansions now

Associate
Yeah, the shipping fees have gotten a bit mad for a lot of projects lately. I've also had quite a few recent ones that got hit with a henfty import fee on top of the high shipping cost.
Nowadays I try to only back projects that provide reasonable shipping estimates on their main campaign page.

Associate
+ VAT becomes the big killer

I have gotten to the stage where I am only really looking at expansions now
Very true about VAT. I also got caught up in the Rainbow Six Siege board game incident, i could only afford the basic game pledge then they wanted more money from me to actually get the game, wasnt far off an extra 100% they wanted. COuldnt afford it, so now i have lost my money. How that is not theft and fraud i will never know, especially when you find out they knew from the beginning they didn't have enough as they were using the money for other games!

Back
Top Bottom