Gaming Kickstarters

It's the depth, as much as anything. Swing by Ma's on Tuesday if you want a look, even if you can't stop.

We'll try and organise a day to join you guys next month when I have some disposable income and my friends shifts hopefully calm down from having to cover for two other people.

Why must they tempt me...

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Blood-Rage/639521432791231?ref=profile

For those without Facebook it is the official page for Blood Rage, the new Viking themed game from Zombicide creator Guillotine Games with miniatures by Studio McVey. The game will be going to Kickstarter on March 2nd.

CMON announced it a couple of days ago but this page has been up since December. I only saw it thanks to a post in the Conan KS comments. There are some previews of various Viking minitures and a troll/ogre(?), as well as various bits of art work and game card and board design pics. Not sure how the mechanics will work but the theme and minatures have got my attention.

I backed yet another Tabletop game on Kickstarter last night. I believe it was called Entropy.
A 15 minute set collection game for 2-5 players with some great artwork. Plus it's always easy to fit in a simple 15 minute filler game on a games night.

Stonemeier Games have launched the KS for Between Two Cities. Can't link as I'm at work on my lunch break, but it's easy to search for. It's not one of Jamey's own games, but Stonemeier have an excellent reputation for delivery and support. There's also a PnP version linked to on the project page.

Has anyone posted Blood Rage yet, Kickstarter starting on Monday. looks full of Viking goodness :D

http://www.beastsofwar.com/blood-rage/learn-blood-rage-coming-kickstarter-march-2nd/

I do like the underused nordic theme (there is one on kickstarter at the moment with fantastic artwork, unfortunately the game just revolves rolling dice and hoping for the best).
However I feel like this may be one of those miniature games for painters and not a solid game boosted by the presence of miniatures.

Speaking of which I'm going to go to the Games Workshop this weekend, stock up on paints and start painting for the very first time. I can't not paint those Star Wars Imperial Assault minis, not with Sorastros YouTube guide readily available.

I've only played the tutorial mission so far but it's excellent so far. There's the campaign mode where one player plays the imperial forces and up to four players take on an individual rebel hero, and then there's the skirmish mode where two players make up squads of equal points and battle it out. The components are first rate.

Imperial Assault expansions will be the additional character packs e.g. Han Solo etc. These will be between £7 and £15 I believe, not out yet. Armada is due out in April I think.

Armada is getting caught up in the West Coast dock strikes I think, should have been out end of Feb but is stuck in a shipping container somewhere in LA.

Armada is getting caught up in the West Coast dock strikes I think, should have been out end of Feb but is stuck in a shipping container somewhere in LA.

As are the 'Imperial Assault' character packs. FFG have since removed the article which may be considered good news. I suspect it will be February before we get our hands on them as well, where as they were likely intended for release this month.

Damn! I didn't realise there was such a thing as Imperiail Assault!
How does it play?

It plays a lot like 'Descent: Second Edition' with some streamlining and a Star Wars retheme. It's a semi-cooperative dungeon crawler where up to four heroes control the Rebels, learn new skills, buy equipment and complete missions. On the other hand the Imperial player acts as a DM. He controls the Imperial forces, levels up his own skills and equipment while crushing the rebels every step ensuring they never complete a single mission. All hail the Empire!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom