Gaming Kickstarters

I was looking for a classic dungeon crawler and looked into Descent, it seemed to tick a lot of boxes. But then along came the Dungeon Saga kickstarter which kicked my plans for Descent into touch. I have to wait until August though :(

I am temped to with Blood Rage and I have been good in the last month and not ordered anything lol but am still eyeing up the Ghostbusters one simply because I want the game :)

@Psymonkee: Me too. I was ready and waiting. By the time the page loaded over 200 had gone and by the time I had gone through the confirmation the slots were full. I know it's only a $5 saving but it all helps :).

This is why I still haven't got a new monitor and haven't played a PC game in months. Unfortunately that won't change as I have my eyes on The Others in a few months too.

Would you recommend Imperial Assault over Descent?

I was struggling to decide between the two, but I really love Star Wars and already have Super Dungeon Explore.

Full disclosure, I haven't played Descent as SW:IA was announced just before I bought into it.

From what I hear SW:IA does a much better job by using alternating turn order which prevents 'ROFLSTOMP' which can occur when all the heroes or all the enemies get their turns together.

I believe SW:IA is more balanced as well. In Descent the DM doesn't scale as well as the heroes. I believe the dice damage is also more balanced but I can't remember the reason why.

Also cost has to be a going concern when deciding what game to get. Descent has been out for a while and has a whole load expansions and content out. If you want everything that is going to take a major initial investment to get caught up.
On the other hand only the SW:IA core set is available at this time. That will make staying on top of expansion content a lot easier and more gradual on your wallet.

Finally, it's Star Wars. If the theme does it for you, which it should for any red blooded man, then buy it!

Edit:
Basically SW:IA improves on Descent using the lessons they learnt through making Descent.

Can't link at work, but people may want to take a look at Mistfall. It's from the people behind Versailles, Praetor and Progress: Evolution of Technology (all of which are available as add-ons) and is well into production.

Blood Rage has worked out to be superb value for money. So pleased with Fenrir as a final SG too. I have decided I will get the art book during the pledge manager. Spent a bit much shopping today to up my pledge even that much today :o.

I am interested in it as a fan of Adrian Smith from his and my GW days of old but it would also be useful as a inspiration for painting (should I ever get around to it :p).

Back
Top Bottom