Gaming/Music Setup help needed!

Associate
OP
3989031471_13f999ef56.jpg

AND:

3983733589_a98fe728ba.jpg

= WIN!

Music: Sound quality is superb. Beats sound full but not over the top, mid-range and high notes clear and defined. To be honest, this is possibly the best quality audio I've heard in my life.

Gaming: The quality so far in games is awesome. However, I've not tried anything with real Environmental or positional audio - I've been playing my latest MMO addiction 2moons far too much :D

For those on a minimal budget who want to game though, I couldn't recommend the above combination enough!

I will have to get some gaming going that has positional/environmental audio and report back more on this solution.

Soldato
I can't beleive how good the DR50's are for £9.99, listening to music on my pap onboard is still incredibly good.
Might get a DX next month now though :)

Associate
OP
I bought my DR50s for £15 inc free delivery tbh, couldn't find that £9.99 offer anywhere.

Still, there worth every penny and I'm really REALLY glad I bought them.

Associate
can someone just clarify for me please, ive got a asus p5k deluxe board and have just bought the DX, I was under the impression it'd only work in the top little pci slot but am I now right in thinking it will work in ANY pci type slot on my mobo?

Associate
OP
can someone just clarify for me please, ive got a asus p5k deluxe board and have just bought the DX, I was under the impression it'd only work in the top little pci slot but am I now right in thinking it will work in ANY pci type slot on my mobo?

The DX is a PCI-Express card, and will work in any PCI-Express slot available, wether it be 1x, 2x, 4x, 8x, or 16x physically wide.

Associate
Thanks mate, I always forget pc stuff as I usually pop in and out once a year when I feel like an upgrade :) much appreciated

Soldato
I got them on fleabay for 9.99 with free delivery, came fast & well packaged etc. Just search for DR50 & its the top one normally.

Still, for £15 they are a brilliant buy.

Soldato
What does the Xonar Dx2 and Xonar Essense STX/ST offer over the Dx? I'm looking at getting an Essense STX or DAC.

Reviews say the STX gives pure quality but not much 'warmth' Especially when playing mp3s. Whereas certain DACs bring more life to music, even if in crud mp3 format.

spunj99 - 'just wanna listen to my entire music collection in improved quality' This would never happen. In fact, if your collection is in MP3 format it will probably sound worse as the bad recording quality will be noticed now.

(Unless you listen to FLAC/CDs on your computer that is)

Back
Top Bottom