gaming slump

Man of Honour
still have GTA5 to start

One I'll probably never complete - way too many key binds to deal with most of which could have been done with way less keys and the mouse input produces an oval when you physically draw a circle with the mouse due to split X/Y sensitivity with no options to change it :(

Soldato
OP
One I'll probably never complete - way too many key binds to deal with most of which could have been done with way less keys and the mouse input produces an oval when you physically draw a circle with the mouse due to split X/Y sensitivity with no options to change it :(

it's really a controller game, i tried the m+kb for all of 5 seconds before this exact issue put me back on controller.

i dont mind really, things like racing games, assasins creed, gta etc, stuff that's blatantly set up for a controller i don't mind using one.

Man of Honour
I get no enjoyment out of playing a game with 1st or 3rd person and no mouse freelook - it disconnects me from being able to immerse in it.

Soldato
OP
I get no enjoyment out of playing a game with 1st or 3rd person and no mouse freelook - it disconnects me from being able to immerse in it.

well, guess that's just the way it is for some folk.

same way i never get how people can play arma for longer than 2 hours without being driven crazy by how badly put together a lot of the basic mechanics are, or people that play the sims.

Man of Honour
Can't do it - too many years of playing games with proper X/Y axis sensitivity = muscle memory - as soon as I try to turn in GTA V the input ingame doesn't behave like I'm trying to do and its just jarring. Whoever is responsible for that needs to stay far away from PC development.

Soldato
I go through times when I have a break from gaming for a week or two then pick back up. Doesn't help that there's been bugger all out this year so far on PC that I've wanted to pick up and play.

Associate
I don't get enough gaming time to have a slump...I'm always chuffed to get the chance to play. In all honesty I think of myself more a virtual (wannabe) racing driver than a gamer though, I'm just doing something that I would love to do IRL on my PC, in the convenience of my home for a lot less money than I would have to spend to do it for real...the only downside being the wife's pit to car access and the dog shoving his cold nose in my lap as I blast through Eau Rouge at 100mph...third world problems and all that...
Do what brings you joy!

V F

V F

Soldato
I don't get enough gaming time to have a slump...I'm always chuffed to get the chance to play. In all honesty I think of myself more a virtual (wannabe) racing driver than a gamer though, I'm just doing something that I would love to do IRL on my PC, in the convenience of my home for a lot less money than I would have to spend to do it for real...the only downside being the wife's pit to car access and the dog shoving his cold nose in my lap as I blast through Eau Rouge at 100mph...third world problems and all that...
Do what brings you joy!

That was funny.

Caporegime
I'm a slump, thought the new Mass Effect would bring me out of it, but I haven't even bothered getting it yet with how it's been received.

The only things I am actually looking forward to is the next South Park game, and Cyberpunk from CDPR.

I'm actually doing an on/off second playthrough of South Park in preps for the sequel.

Soldato
I was jaded with the best of them but 100hrs of Zelda BOTW (on PC ;) ) has been a revelation, so much so in fact that I've pre-ordered a Nintendo Switch! any company that can release a game like Zelda deserves my money.

..If the game is truly magical, no matter how jaded you are, it will grab hold of you and not let go.

Trouble is, 98% of games are not like Zelda.

You have to pick and choose your battles when it comes to games.

Soldato
I find I hit gaming slumps every summer. I start to feel guilty about playing games all day when it's nice out. As soon as the winter months are back my gaming picks up.

Soldato
OP
I find I hit gaming slumps every summer. I start to feel guilty about playing games all day when it's nice out. As soon as the winter months are back my gaming picks up.

defo the same right now, what with having bavaria on the doorstep, but ofc inbetween the days of organising trips out to see various landmarks, in the evenings, and on sundays where it seems everywhere is shut there's some gaming time in there.

fortunately i've got far enough in the bltps now to be committed to completing it, got pretty far in the main questline although rushed it and now have to go back and do some side quests to level up a bit.

Soldato
OP
Ah fair enough. Age of Empires II? :p

How come you can't get access to your main rig?

living in sunny bavaria...

currently finished up my work here so have loads of free time, planning to go full tourist mode in my remaining time here, but the gaps between tying up loose ends and planning trips leaves some prime game time to be had.

hence running an ivybridge i5 laptop with mech hdd and integrated graphics leaves me with limited gaming options. borderlands series runs well on this rig (not even minimum settings and still looks great due to the art style)

Back
Top Bottom