Garden rebuild.

That is one impressive garden and the hard work has paid off. You mentioned tonnage for the toil soil but never mentioned how much of an area it was covering.
I'd like to flatten our lawn (660sq meters) after the horses got on it over the wet winter. Their hooves have left most of it bumpy as hell and I'll probably need to flatten it with tonnes of topsoil.

You could lay out a weed suppressant matting pinned down over it, that will help kill the grass and stop weeds coming up into the new lawn…..
Assuming there was grass growing before the horses, you could rotovate it all. Level off and only add a thin layer of topsoil if required.

You could then seed or returf.
Thanks for the advice. Yes, the grass was growing and unfortunately due to the wet winter and poor soil quality/drainage, it was like a bog when the horses escaped and ran over it.
Following this, we couldn't get the mower out to cut it, with the mower eventually dying and it grew to about waist height :( Thankfully I've been able to strim it and get a small petrol mower out to cut it, but it's mainly moss.

I get terrible lawn envy :D

I'll start a new thread and not derail this topic any more, but you've got me subscribed to it now. I can't wait to see more progress :)

Back
Top Bottom