Garden rebuild.

Associate
OP
That man-shed is excellent, good job. Is insulation next on the to do list?

How big is it and do you have an estimated cost to build so far? Before covid I had plans and the money to build a metal shed/garage but now the costs are insane, I wonder if your timber frame construction would be cheaper.

I’ll try and tot up the prices later.

I’m gonna guess now and say more than 15. Less than 30.

Associate
OP
That man-shed is excellent, good job. Is insulation next on the to do list?

How big is it and do you have an estimated cost to build so far? Before covid I had plans and the money to build a metal shed/garage but now the costs are insane, I wonder if your timber frame construction would be cheaper.

Accurate, inc VAT, this is what it's cost me so far. Without the help i've had available then costs could be significantly more.

Inside still has to be done. I'm going to board the sides and ends of the celing for storage. I will insulate the walls and board them and insulate the roof behind the slates.....eventually. I still need to decide what i'm doing on the floor. Hardwearing carpet is one option. Another is the rubber workshop tiles. I need to build a bench, power and light and water installed. The drive outfront needs doing. Guttering and drains, small patio out the back by the window and a path down the side. A gate to the left with a lean to as well. I'm tired out just writing it. Ha

Soldato
Accurate, inc VAT, this is what it's cost me so far. Without the help i've had available then costs could be significantly more.

Inside still has to be done. I'm going to board the sides and ends of the celing for storage. I will insulate the walls and board them and insulate the roof behind the slates.....eventually. I still need to decide what i'm doing on the floor. Hardwearing carpet is one option. Another is the rubber workshop tiles. I need to build a bench, power and light and water installed. The drive outfront needs doing. Guttering and drains, small patio out the back by the window and a path down the side. A gate to the left with a lean to as well. I'm tired out just writing it. Ha

It soon adds up! Thanks for sharing.

Soldato

For 42sqm with a 4m pitch; that is a bargain tbh. Well done!

Associate
OP
Got the tape measure out / looked at the drawings. From floor level to the peak of the roof she's 3.8m. Floor to celing height is a nice 2.4m. Internally we're at 7.8x5.08....So a "cramped” ~39sqm of usable space.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Updating my other shed thread made me realise I haven't updated this since last year. Gonna be a big photo dump, apologies. We're not 100% finished yet, but it's getting close.

Bike plus Roof being done:

Cladding:

Bikes in shed:

Externally finished:

We have electric! I insulated the walls with loft insulation and then covered in 9mm OSB. I've painted 18mm OSB white and gone around the outside of the celing to create extra storage:

Building my workbench. .75m x 5m. 1M high, plus bikes:

I've bought a compressor that i'm going to store in the eves, boxed into a sound deadened (is that a word?) enclosure I'll run air down to both front and rear. A parts washer too. Oh and decided to fit some commercial hard wearing carpet:

I had some left over timber so built shelf:

Had to move my sim righ from my other shed so that's being rebuilt in here now:

That should do for now.

Next update will be a "finished and tidy" one

Cheers

Associate
OP
From the prices listed above, off the top of my head…

OSB, insulation and misc timber - £750
Bench timber £150
Carpet - £750
Tools - £450

Other misc items like paint, new roller, hooks and fixings etc.

Close to but not beyond £25k I’d say.

Soldato
Loving the build and cheers for the update.

Not that it looks like you need it, but for bike storage and being able to hang and swing the bikes into the wall, I can point to these being worth their weight.

Associate
OP
That's not a man cave that's a full on lair!

Username change to "two-shed-John"

Johnny Two Sheds

Loving the build and cheers for the update.

Not that it looks like you need it, but for bike storage and being able to hang and swing the bikes into the wall, I can point to these being worth their weight.

Cheers, always looking at increasing storage. The garden furniture in there is killing the floor space right now.

Soldato
Johnny Two Sheds

Cheers, always looking at increasing storage. The garden furniture in there is killing the floor space right now.

The bike system will give you a lot more space when folded flat/ish against the wall.

Is there a way the garden furniture can be hoisted into the roof space?

Associate
OP
The cushions are all stored in the end above the garage door. Soon enough we can get it all outside. The joists are 600mm gaps and it's all wider than that. I'd like to build a lean to off the side of the shed, maybe this year and that can be used next winter.

Back
Top Bottom