Garden room / posh shed /workshop build log

Soldato
Garden room / posh shed build

At the end of my fairly long garden I want to replace my current shed similar to @dlockers doing it in the method from here https://www.oakwoodgardenrooms.com/

Overall build size is gonna be circa 7m by 3.5m in plan. Height is gonna be maybe a touch over the 2.5m threshold (the leylandii at the back is a touch over 3m.

Main challenge will be getting materials in as my garden is circa 40m long, has no side access and I'll be bringing it all thru the house.

Some pictures below.

Need to remove these 2 trees in the back and making some room.... I had help with the branches..

6LQ0jt8.jpeg

New mini chainsaw/pruner

pXL4in7.jpeg

Had to empty the current shed and move it.... Pretty much managed to shift it myself but had my nephew in to help

This shed will be getting skipped afterwards.
Cc4Ao7h.jpeg

sMDNwgF.jpeg

f0k9kGG.jpeg

Last edited:
Associate
It gets watered an looked after but lots of dog ruined bits! Got pics of yours?

A couple….

Soldato
Good to see your making a start. I wont be starting mine until around august/september. i have to move the solar ground mount first, which will go above the current shed. then remove old mount and greenhouse. Then start the shed build. Mine will be 7.5mtrs x 2.4mtrs and will include a greenhouse. Then put new solar panels on the roof.

Soldato
Yay, another build I can watch on with envious eyes :D!

If you can flat pack your old shed I'm sure someone would buy it from you, looks in good shape.

You should tighten the chain a little on that mini chainsaw, looks a bit too loose for me. If a branch gets between the chain and the bar the chain could come off.

Soldato
OP
Yay, another build I can watch on with envious eyes :D!

If you can flat pack your old shed I'm sure someone would buy it from you, looks in good shape.

You should tighten the chain a little on that mini chainsaw, looks a bit too loose for me. If a branch gets between the chain and the bar the chain could come off.

Can't get the shed out, no access to side of house as has a side extension over the boundary. I agree otherwise it would probably last a while.

Just gonna have to destroy it I'm afraid :D

You're right about the chain it slipped after this pic /came off... I now know how to remove /tighten at least!

Last edited:
Associate
Just in case you missed it on the other thread this is the oregon replacement chain for your chainsaw

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Just in case you missed it on the other thread this is the oregon replacement chain for your chainsaw
Cheers fella, ordered 2! (as well as 2 ebay specials.... Let's hope it's not wish.com /temu tier :X).

I also sharpened the chainsaw today semi properly and does seem to get it working but its a lot of effort/getting blunt fairly quick so figure best to replace

Soldato
Did you say that you found a cheaper steel supplier? @dlockers Im only going to go for 1.9m wide French doors but happy to pay for steel if required..
I didn't find one I was just told I'd been ripped off lol. I think at 1.9m wide I'd be doing a doubled up 5x2 or something. Might be worth asking on the FB group?

Soldato
OP
I didn't find one I was just told I'd been ripped off lol. I think at 1.9m wide I'd be doing a doubled up 5x2 or something. Might be worth asking on the FB group?
Aye ive seen mixed reviews/comments on that Facebook group. Probably would be OK with a 5*2or 6*2 but ack well if the steel delivery price here ain't too bad should be ok

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom