*** GB News *** (stay on topic!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Seems like a chat show to me not a news programme

They don't appear to have any out and out news segments in the next several hours. So it will be chat/opinions/interviews. Not sure how long that will continue.

Edit: I gave up looking at the schedule for later than 3am.

Soldato
He's watched more of GB news than those who actually want to watch it going forward. He knows very well he has an agenda against it before it even aired. Let's not entertain his faux interest.
Hey man, I'm right here :p

I had no agenda against it. I'd love a streaming news channel to have on in the background. I am quite the patriot as well, as I owe my upbringing to British manufacturing (and Britain in general). Unfortunately though it just seemed to be pretty crap reactionary pieces and border-line gossip column interviews. The Alan Sugar bit was entertaining but not for the right reasons.

Edit: It also had an insane number of adverts.

Caporegime
We'll find out for sure next year when the Census results are published but I imagine it'll be quite different, even to 10 years ago.

Not that I've ever noticed the weird quota you've plucked from thin air. Are you saying that you believe 40% of the leading men/women in BBC TV shows, dramatic or otherwise are black?

Methinks not.
well it was 86% in 2011 for England and Wales, probably higher when you count Scotland and northern ireland, so to 80% is already a big drop.

Not that I've ever noticed the weird quota you've plucked from thin air. Are you saying that you believe 40% of the leading men/women in BBC TV shows, dramatic or otherwise are black?
can't be that far off for some of the bbc stuff

what was the period drama in an alternate England with all the diverse cast, people are going to grow up thinking muslims and chinese were here hundreds of years before they really were.

BBC rewriting history or trying to under the fantasy guise.

How people form opinions, think and feel is being programmed from a young age like some weird dictatorship, people can't have their own opinions any more and our national treasure is a large part of it.

indoctrination aka brainwashing on a mass scale

Soldato
We'll find out for sure next year when the Census results are published but I imagine it'll be quite different, even to 10 years ago.

Methinks not.
Ethnic minorities are it seems overrepresented on TV. A quick Google shows in 2020, even though they made up 12% of the population, they made up 22% of the parts on TV. Its a similar story for LGBT etc. Whether that's a good thing or not, who knows....

Not 40% though clearly.

Caporegime

Methinks not.
ONS estimates it at around 5-6% for LGBT which is much higher than 2% but still overly represented on tv

Caporegime
well it was 86% in 2011 for England and Wales, probably higher when you count Scotland and northern ireland, so to 80% is already a big drop.

can't be that far off for some of the bbc stuff

what was the period drama in an alternate England with all the diverse cast, people are going to grow up thinking muslims and chinese were here hundreds of years before they really were.

How people form opinions, think and feel is being programmed from a young age like some weird dictatorship, people can't have their own opinions any more and our national treasure is a large part of it.

indoctrination aka brainwashing on a mass scale

You say this like kids are watching BBC.

They watch Youtube and play Minecraft.

Associate

??? Depends when this unnamed "period drama" was set. A quick google search shows that the first large group of muslims to arrive in GB was in the 18th century, and its estimated that between the 1800s and 1945 that ~20000 people had emigrated from China to GB.
But heaven forbid there's a "muslim" in a tv show. The horror!

Caporegime
??? Depends when this unnamed "period drama" was set. A quick google search shows that the first large group of muslims to arrive in GB was in the 18th century, and its estimated that between the 1800s and 1945 that ~20000 people had emigrated from China to GB.
But heaven forbid there's a "muslim" in a tv show. The horror!
I can't find the series on google.
but it was set in really early Britain way before the chinese even met the romans.
it was like fantasy with magic or one person had magic but still. rewriting the population makeup of a country to fit your diversity agenda.

if they made a series in set in 800 -1200 africa and had eskimos, ginger scottish people etc..... people would be like are you insane?

Capodecina
Soldato
. . .

What was the period drama in an alternate England with all the diverse cast, people are going to grow up thinking Muslims and Chinese were here hundreds of years before they really were.

. . .
At least Tolkein had the good manners to set his books in a fantasy world ;)

Having said that, wasn't A A Milne's Wind in the Willows a wee bit "British" . . . Toads, living in a stately home - crazy stuff; as to Alice in Wonderland, that is completely beyond the pale for fiction :eek:

Incidentally, some people are very, very thick; they can't distinguish between the real world and the world inside their heads :rolleyes:

Soldato
I can't find the series on google.
but it was set in really early Britain way before the chinese even met the romans.
it was like fantasy with magic or one person had magic but still. rewriting the population makeup of a country to fit your diversity agenda.

if they made a series in set in 800 -1200 africa and had eskimos, ginger scottish people etc..... people would be like are you insane?

Let's get this straight, you're unhappy about Muslims and Chinese being included because it's historically inaccurate, but have no issue with it including fantasy and magic? Because that appears a really odd position to take, unless you think magic is historically accurate.

Edit: which period was it set in at least?

Caporegime
Let's get this straight, you're unhappy about Muslims and Chinese being included because it's historically inaccurate, but have no issue with it including fantasy and magic? Because that appears a really odd position to take, unless you think magic is historically accurate.

Edit: which period was it set in at least?
yea because why set it in Britain if it's not actually Britain? why not just make up some entirely fictional country that was similar.

It wasn't by accident

Soldato
Caporegime
yea because why set it in Britain if it's not actually Britain? why not just make up some entirely fictional country that was similar.

It wasn't by accident

That's a bit like saying Shakespeare's plays should only ever have white actors because when it was written there were no black people around.

It doesn't affect the story.

Caporegime
But it's clearly not purporting to be historically accurate. Anyway, what period was it set in?
I'd tell you if google actually was worth anything instead of trying to show me popular series no matter what I type.

I even went back 20 pages in the movies section here and couldn't find it

it must have been set in BC because I remember kicking up a stink about so many asians being in the show when they hadn't even met the romans yet, so how could they be in britain
In 97 AD, the Chinese general Ban Chao tried to send his envoy Gan Ying to Rome, but Gan was dissuaded by Parthians from venturing beyond the Persian Gulf. ... The first one on record, supposedly from either the Roman emperor Antoninus Pius or his adopted son Marcus Aurelius, arrived in 166 AD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom