*** GB News *** (stay on topic!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Exactly my view. He’s not afraid to ask difficult questions of anyone and will push for an actual answer.
Well I'm hoping that they'll let Brillo & co. off the leash and rightly give politicians and other public figures the savaging they deserve. :D

Quite impressed at the names involved, I thought it would be a bit of a joke when it was first announced in all honesty.

Capodecina
Soldato
Does it have this bloke (on the left) on it?

andrew-neil.jpg

:eek:

Soldato
I thought Sky News was the closest we would get to the trash that is Fox News in the US. I don't mind Andrew Neil but can't stand some of the others they have hired, might have a look for curiosity but it won't become a regular news source for me. We have enough right wing influence in this country from the tabloids so we don't need more. What we do need are more balanced centrist views but they don't tend to sell papers or get clicks.

Caporegime
Then don't be upset if people find GBNews "right wing propaganda" if turns out to be full of right wingers peddling right wing agenda - because it's no different to what you've just done re: the BBC, Guardian etc.

I'll reserve judgement on the content until I've watched a bit, no point writing anything off in speculation :)
Well said :)

I won’t make any comments till I get a chance to sit down and watch the channel.

Soldato
Does it have this bloke (on the left) on it?

andrew-neil.jpg

:eek:

I am not sure why people think Andrew Neil dating a younger African American Fox news employee when he was around 46 years old is such a gotcha?

And it doesn't exactly help the 'racism' argument either for the news program he is now affiliated with (not that dating someone of a different ethnicity guarantees one will have little or no race based animus towards others)

Andrew Neil said:
That was a picture of a woman from New York that I was going out with in 1995. She worked at Fox and she is an Afro-American. She's not Asian, she's not Indian, she's not British. The picture was taken as we came off the beach in Barbados by [British photographer] Terry O'Neill. It's been presented now as if a) it's Miss Bordes and b) that we were in some kind of nightclub and I'm there in this stupid shirt in a nightclub. It was a beach we'd come off hence the baseball cap and the beachwear. And this woman, this lovely, lovely... I've not seen or heard from her for 15 years - she's no idea she's the most famous face in Private Eye. But it's not Miss Bordes. Anyone slightly looking at her would see these are the features of an Afro-Caribbean lady. But sometimes these public schoolboys are not very good.

https://web.archive.org/web/2013061...part_3/in-conversation-with-andrew-neil.thtml

Caporegime
I don't see why people are so threatened and opposed to an alternative news source when the largely 'consensus' mainstream media has been proven (with the passage of time) so wrong about so many major stories over the last 5 years.

At what point did people become so hostile to dissenting voices? and how can you expect to find the truth when people are so dogmatic?

Soldato
People moan about MSM bias, then hope this one is more biased to their views. :cry:

Pretty much only the loons that moan about MSM.

So loads of famous people (including royals) are loons then? lol

The BBC already tried to shut down this channel once before it's launch. They are obviously worried.

Soldato
GB News - let’s see if it’s just more London biased rubbish that parrots Macron’s opinions or if it will be a genuine national news source.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom