GD petty criminals in 'ere

Don
OP
Not much of a security tag is it. Pretty lame that is mind Will. Leave a review on their site n call them scammers.

Dare you.

PS that baby formula cost more than your whole itemised shopping list. :D def a scam!

I will do just that, updates to follow

and yes, the cost of the stuff is obscene, I curse the kid every day for not taking the knee then the nipple :p

Soldato
Not much of a security tag is it. Pretty lame that is mind Will. Leave a review on their site n call them scammers.

Dare you.

PS that baby formula cost more than your whole itemised shopping list. :D def a scam!

I don't think it's meant to stop someone breaking into the box once they have nicked it and have all the time in the world at home. It's meant to attach a security tag that isn't easily removed except at the till, and will set the store alarms off at the doors. This also is to act as a deterrent to theft in the first place.

Permabanned
alas, it's a her, so I'm outnumbered.... :(

argh! then tell HER to get a job! pffff armatures.

I don't think it's meant to stop someone breaking into the box once they have nicked it and have all the time in the world at home. It's meant to attach a security tag that isn't easily removed except at the till, and will set the store alarms off at the doors. This also is to act as a deterrent to theft in the first place.

Hasn't stopped Will has it. :p

Soldato
since you're in the comfort of your own home and not having to worry about security cameras ..could you brace it against something and push/pull it...Even just put the top against your knee/shin and pull to see if it can be defeated with no tools
a bit of destructive testing :p

Soldato
It's a sorry state of affairs that there is security tags on baby milk in the first place. The story of how baby formula became such a thing is equally sad (not judging anyone)

Agree with the first part of your post, but as someone else has posted, it's pretty expensive, and I guess it's easier/safer to nick a tin of baby milk from Tesco and pay for your drugs than it is to try and steal a hit from your dealer :p

Elaborate on the bold part?

Permabanned
Agree with the first part of your post, but as someone else has posted, it's pretty expensive, and I guess it's easier/safer to nick a tin of baby milk from Tesco and pay for your drugs than it is to try and steal a hit from your dealer :p

They going to tell us all a story on how baby formula started, why it’s so expensive and how we got to this stage of security tags on baby stuff.

Soldato

Two reasons I'm aware of:

1) As already mentioned, its use to cut drugs, so more of a pain for drug dealing "entrepreneurs".
2) There was a spate of blackmail attempts on supermarkets a few years ago by some sicko claiming to have poisoned baby formula. Not going to be possible in the store with these things on.

Soldato
This one is easy - Call up Asim. He will get you a MAC-10 in about 10 minutes and then you can shoot it off.

Easy.

Soldato
Was more thinking about the shenanigans that the likes of Nestlé got up to when formula was new and they had to find ways to sell it. Paying lookalike medical professionals to extol the (nonexistent) benefits of their formula. How they got away with it I have no idea

Fair enough, thought you were against formula in general, when it is quite literally a lifesaver in some cases

Man of Honour
Have you opened it yet, @Will Gill?

More importantly, have they opened it in an interesting way? Opening it isn't the point - cut a hole in the packaging with a knife or scissors, transfer the contents to another container. Which is like defeating a lock by cutting a chain with bolt croppers or smashing the lock assembly out with a hammer or suchlike - it achieves the objective, but it's inelegant.

No, wait, I know what's happened. The 5G antenna they exposed resulted in the Men In Black arriving and wiping their memory, so they no longer have any knowledge of this event.

Don
OP
Whilst noe remotely related, I CBA to start a new thread, so whilst I have your eyes, I've just been called out on an interesting shout, it involved another unknown device!

although this time it was of Russian origin and required the bomb squad to come and take it away!
fjObYIC.png
fu7qBGE.png
5uYjVbE.jpg

So GD what would you do with this? :p

Back
Top Bottom