Gears Of War 4 (coming to Win 10 in Oct)

Soldato
OP
If its anything like GOW UE it looks-plays way better than the dated looking videos & screenshots!!

Soldato
OP
72 gigs :eek:

If this doesn't have textures sharper than real life i'm gonna be very disappointed. :mad:

Doesn't seem to be preloadable on the nvidia codes =/
After installing it does ;) https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3194496...however you will be pleased ;) to discover the installer uses state of the art Win 3.11 & Dos 5.0 technology as DRM so it takes a while to download & install :(

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
ej8l5w.jpg

Soldato
OP
Pause download does not appear to work properly :rolleyes:

Got 10GB last night tried to resume this morning it ignored that said there was an error now downloading all 73.3GB again :mad:

Soldato
OP
Pro tip if like many you are not able to download the game after pausing the crappy Windows store download :eek: You have to download the entire 73.3Gb in 1 go without pausing it then its possible otherwise be prepared for frustration as it appears the Win 10 store does not currently have a working pause button due to MS utter lack of QA regarding their own store :rolleyes:

I spent days trying to download & grabbed around 100Gb on several failed attempts where I paused the download then today left the PC on for 4.5 hours & it successfully downloaded all 73.3Gb in 1 attempt.

Good DRM from MS actually not letting many people even download the game they paid for :rolleyes: along with the Win 10 locked to 1 Xbox account DRM & the EFF file encryption DRM which unlocks on the fly as you play it (same DRM schemes used on the new Forza Win 10 game).

Game does look seriously good graphically though but screenshots do not do it justice you have to look closely at some of the PC in game videos released :)

Also if you bought the Ultimate edition of this game its unlocked for you on the 7th October 4 days before the release date for the other versions of the game!

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Soldato
OP
well guys.....

I have disabled my af
i have disabled my firewall
i have uninstalled 80gb of data and reinstalled the game today and still all i get is a black screen popup with the words GEARS OF WAR 4 then it shuts down and thats it

i cant even play this game its fkin rediculess....
i tryed to speak to microsoft support and according to the guy this morning the game wasnt even released or downloadable LMFAO

i will never buy a WINDOWS STORE GAME AGAIN IM SERIOUSLY ****ED OFF.

p.s sorry for the rant my this is unreal.
Only the £79.99 Ultimate Edition is playable now as a pre-order bonus the others do not unlock until 11th October.

The game also uses an MS on the fly DRM called EFF which can take a while to decrypt the game files.

You also need all the latest Win 10 patches & updates installed on your PC.

Soldato
OP
Prices are disgusting. 50 quid for the base game but because you didn't pay 80 quid we're gonna make you sit and wait while the 80 quidders play it first.

What a bunch of *****
I agree but for most players the game is free if you bought a GTX 1070\80 like I did recently so I cannot say anything.

To be fair the game probably did cost a lot of money to make so I can understand the £49.99 price point as sales will be low outside the Nvidia promotion. A lot of people will never buy on PC due to Windows Store hassle alone like you have to download the entire 73.3Gb in 1 go without pausing otherwise the windows store resets your download to zero again!

Soldato
OP
Live on PC now in UK playing the prologue :D they also give you a free redeem code for some ingame goodies in the Xbox Live dashboard for being an early supporter ;)

Soldato
OP
Don't understand how some are already playing it, the twitter feed is getting spammed with people in the uk saying its not working yet 0_o
Weird must be a glitch but its not working in US or Canada either is your Windows Internet clock correct & do you have ALL Win 10 updates as it depends on those as well.

Soldato
OP
Ok game looks very pretty in places when it unleashes what the Unreal Engine 4 can do but also has a very dated artwork style in others & some very boring generic pre-rendered movies. Gameplay wise its more or less the exact same gameplay as GOW1 circa 2006 no real progression made in that respect.

Overall its playable but pretty safe + generic most of the time I struggled to play for more than an hour or so due to extreme boredom its just so dated & generic most of the time gameplay wise I do not know if I am ever going to return to it to complete as I really struggled to play through chapters 1,2,3 & I also got it free with my GPU but still struggling to find the motivation to play so I can then delete & free up the HD space used.

Back
Top Bottom