Gears Of War 4 (coming to Win 10 in Oct)

Caporegime
72 gigs :eek:

If this doesn't have textures sharper than real life i'm gonna be very disappointed. :mad:

Doesn't seem to be preloadable on the nvidia codes =/

Soldato
OP
72 gigs :eek:

If this doesn't have textures sharper than real life i'm gonna be very disappointed. :mad:

Doesn't seem to be preloadable on the nvidia codes =/
After installing it does ;) https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3194496...however you will be pleased ;) to discover the installer uses state of the art Win 3.11 & Dos 5.0 technology as DRM so it takes a while to download & install :(

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
ej8l5w.jpg

Soldato
OP
Pause download does not appear to work properly :rolleyes:

Got 10GB last night tried to resume this morning it ignored that said there was an error now downloading all 73.3GB again :mad:

Soldato
Caved in and pre-ordered and pre-downloaded.

The windows store download isn't the best....seems to go through long periods of doing nothing but one click in task manager shows that the app is thrashing the hard drive.

The preorder bonus of the xbox 360 versions of GOW 2 and 3 being included for the XBOX ONE sold it for me.

Soldato
Kinda regret letting a cheap Nvidia key slip me by as I've never played a Gears game but that damn Windows Store is putting me off. I smell performance and downloading problems.

Also, 72 gigs for a linear 10-15h shooter?:o

Soldato
At that point... one might as well cough up a little more for the Ultimate edition, with the season pass and DLC. To me it makes no sense for the digital version to cost more, surely the physical version is worth more since the customer actually get's more items besides the game (even if it's just usually a box and a disc). But hey... let's be grateful they aren't pulling BS and adding micro-transactions on top of it too... (Halo 5 be damned).

But isn't it £30 more? That isn't a little more.

Soldato
Kinda regret letting a cheap Nvidia key slip me by as I've never played a Gears game but that damn Windows Store is putting me off. I smell performance and downloading problems.

Also, 72 gigs for a linear 10-15h shooter?:o

Not sure why that matters? It's UE4 which probably very high texture res.

Soldato
Not sure why that matters? It's UE4 which probably very high texture res.

I know it doesn't matter per se, just saying it seems a bit too much and I don't think anyone will bother staring at walls for 5 minutes in a linear fast-paced shooter to marvel at texture quality. Such genres hardly need it. They keep packing ridiculously sized textures in games and most of the time nobody notices the difference between ultra and very high/high when playing but download sizes keep getting bigger.

Soldato
Thats just for xbox, right?

Yes , unfortunately.

I do have the originals on disc, but for some reason my xbox one doesnt like them via backwards compatibility.

Also my son now has my old trusty Xbox 360 in his room as his Netflix machine, so there is no hope of me getting that back to replay them on my main TV.

I am hopeful with this Gears, but I am anxious that it wont support SLI because of the issues with DX12 and the Winstore.

Back
Top Bottom