Gears Of War 4 (coming to Win 10 in Oct)

Permabanned
MS are having a laugh. No way will I pay over £35 for a game these days. Only exceptions I might* make are things like BF where you will play the multiplayer for years.

Will this eventually come to steam?

Steam? For sure no. Its MS' biggest first party game behind Halo.

Its multiplayer is arguably its strongest point. Played the first 3 for years all in all and Ill be playing this over any broken tosh that gets rolled out over Christmas again

Caporegime
Was watching some streams with americans playinng last night, ended up muting the sound, i can only stick people saying "Dude, Bruh and N***a" for so long. It was literally like i was watching a pack of stereotypes play.:rolleyes:

Soldato
Never played gear of war game before, had this been £40 max I would have taken a gamble on it. No chance I paying £50+
What a joke Microsoft is charging for these Xbox one games.

Permabanned
Was watching some streams with americans playinng last night, ended up muting the sound, i can only stick people saying "Dude, Bruh and N***a" for so long. It was literally like i was watching a pack of stereotypes play.:rolleyes:

I always find the brits and stick with them tbh. Im hoping theres a few on here want to play on the regular as the group we ended up with on gears 1 were great and private matches are always best. 5 on 5 with regulars is a right laugh

Soldato
Missed gears, last one I played was GOW3, skippped judgement as I'd moved on my 360 by then. There's something so satisfying about consistently nailing your active reloads...so simple but satisfying :p.

Enjoying the campaign so far. Going to hit up horde and Multiplayer after that. Feel free to add me GT Ap0c666.

Soldato
What GPU's and res are you going running at? Interesting to see how my 290's will hold up at 1440p. I know this games doesn't support xfire so I wont be expecting much.

Soldato
What GPU's and res are you going running at? Interesting to see how my 290's will hold up at 1440p. I know this games doesn't support xfire so I wont be expecting much.

Titan X Overclocked (maxwell), 1440p. Averaging 75-100fps in most areas. Ignore the fps in my screenshots above, I just realised my overclock wasn't applying on startup I'm getting 20+ fps extra in those same areas now. Doh!

Last edited:
Soldato
Hi, looking to buy this, anyone else will be playing with xbox controller, i dont wanna feel disadvantaged , is the co - op 4 players ?

Thanks

Soldato
I've been enjoying this. Just at the beginning of act 4. It's very much the same formula as all the previous gears, graphically it's decent and it runs well so no complaints.

Look forward to horde mode with hopefully a few on here and some versus.

Soldato
I'm happy to have been wrong about the performance of this game, thought it'd be like Forza. Still, it's too expensive for me at the moment but I might grab it one day.

Soldato
If you're into Horde or multiplayer, then you might end up playing for quite a while.
I did with 2 & 3.

Steam? Nope.

Did you not play Gears 1 multiplayer? Was by far the best and not in a rose-tinted specs kind of way as all the games are practically the same. When they introduced the double barrel shotgun it changed the game so much and not for the better.

Gears 1 was amazing, it was literally the standard shotgun and sniper with the occasional locust bow and hammer of dawn here and there. There were other guns but that's all people used and it was so fun. The double barrel really took all skill/aim out of close quarters fighting which I loved, shame. :(

Was so satisfying one shotting people with really well led shotgun blasts, I feel the close quarters fighting devolved into who pressed the trigger first with the double barrel, bah! It never felt satisfying taking someone out with it.

Back
Top Bottom