• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Geforce GTX 780, 770 coming in May

Soldato
Disappointing yes, looks like a damn VHS player.
But I know I'll still be getting it at launch. Not gonna kid myself otherwise. COD is probably the main reason as of now :)

E3 is only weeks away so we'll see games, pricing & release dates there.

I'm finding the GTX 700 series more disappointing to be honest. With the mysterious release schedule, ever increasing pricing and non existent benchmarks so close to release.

Read below. This is the problem I have with Microsoft's Xbox One approach, I posted this elsewhere..

------------------------------------

So if I buy an Xbox game, I pay for the game, and pay for Xbox live to play it online.

Now if my Son wants to play that game as well, he has to pay a separate fee to link the game I already bought to his account. Then he has to pay for Xbox live to play that game online as well.

A big family simply couldn't afford to run an Xbox One. Imagine doing this for 4 people in the household, just using a single game as an example, you could be talking over £100 (Xbox Gold fee, Plus additional account fee) for them all to play the same game.. Utterly ridiculous..

The Wii U, PS4 and PC are looking mighty fine at this point..

Last edited:
Associate
Providing the 780 turns up less than 600 barts then the 7 series will at least offer something, even if it is just a poor mans Titan.......

The rest of the range I agree is largely pointless as it offers little new, accept the prospect of a 6 series price drop, which at least will please some people.

Soldato
Providing the 780 turns up less than 600 barts then the 7 series will at least offer something, even if it is just a poor mans Titan.......

The rest of the range I agree is largely pointless as it offers little new, accept the prospect of a 6 series price drop, which at least will please some people.

Agreed, I think this 7XX series 'refresh' is to entice some new sales and really is a stepping stone to Maxwell which will appear sooner rather than later..

Soldato

The rest of the range I agree is largely pointless as it offers little new, except the prospect of a 6 series price drop, which at least will please some people.

There won't really be a price drop as such, there very really ever is because the new cards will just replace the older ones, especially if the GTX770 really is just a re-branded 680, "680" production will have stopped ages ago in favour of producing them as 770s so most shops will be running quite dry on GTX670s and 680s.

Associate
Read below. This is the problem I have with Microsoft's Xbox One approach, I posted this elsewhere..

------------------------------------

So if I buy an Xbox game, I pay for the game, and pay for Xbox live to play it online.

Now if my Son wants to play that game as well, he has to pay a separate fee to link the game I already bought to his account. Then he has to pay for Xbox live to play that game online as well.

A big family simply couldn't afford to run an Xbox One. Imagine doing this for 4 people in the household, just using a single game as an example, you could be talking over £100 (Xbox Gold fee, Plus additional account fee) for them all to play the same game.. Utterly ridiculous..

The Wii U, PS4 and PC are looking mighty fine at this point..

Well if you game on the same machine, then the game is tied to both the console and account the game was redeemed on. That way you can both play it regardless of account used on the system. That's how it works for the 360 anyway.

Plus you can go for a family pack Gold subscription.

Also, I don't think that PSN is gonna be free anymore. No news about it changing, just a hunch.

Wish they would test a game.

Last edited:
Associate
There won't really be a price drop as such, there very really ever is because the new cards will just replace the older ones, especially if the GTX770 really is just a re-branded 680, "680" production will have stopped ages ago in favour of producing them as 770s so most shops will be running quite dry on GTX670s and 680s.

Thanks for helping me out there......

Soldato

Historically speaking Nvidia usually drop prices when they rebrand a card, a lot of sites are estimating the US price of the 770 to come in 20-50 $ lower than the 680.

Soldato
Historically speaking Nvidia usually drop prices when they rebrand a card, a lot of sites are estimating the US price of the 770 to come in 20-50 $ lower than the 680.

That's not really a price drop though, if a card is rebranded and then that card is cheaper, I wouldn't say that it's a price drop, though I know for all intents and purposes it is, but that's more because of the fact that a process shrink hasn't happened, though you can't even call this a refresh.

My response was to the notion that you'd then see 670s and 680s at cut prices, which isn't something that happens, as the 760, 770, and 780 will be on the shelves at whatever price they're given, whereas the 660, 670 and 680 will have been taken from the shelves (to be sent back to the factory for re-branding :D). That's typically what happens with GPU releases.

Last edited:
Associate
Looks like AMD is cutting price on 7950 because I just seen some going dirt cheap.

That's good though.

I'm waiting for the Gigabyte 7950 to drop new £200 in some places then buying it.

If anything I'm happy about the 700 series is the price drops. I really don't see why people would pickup the 770 or the 780 when the 600 series is just as good.

Soldato
That's good though.

I'm waiting for the Gigabyte 7950 to drop new £200 in some places then buying it.

If anything I'm happy about the 700 series is the price drops. I really don't see why people would pickup the 770 or the 780 when the 600 series is just as good.

I just seen the gigabyte 7950 new for £192 with crysis bioshock and farcry.

Don't see how 7 series can compete with that by the time you sell the games you could have crossfire 7950 for under £350.

Associate
I just seen the gigabyte 7950 new for £192 with crysis bioshock and farcry.

Don't see how 7 series can compete with that by the time you sell the games you could have crossfire 7950 for under £350.

I wonder if we will see the same here. Cheapest I've found is £250 right now. Never seen it at that price. Would like to know though ;) :p

I'd like to get crossfire and that's cheap for what you would pay for the standard 670 or near 680.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom