• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Geforce GTX1180/2080 Speculation thread

Soldato
Free samples = Multi Year NDA
Multi Year NDA = Only Praise
Only Praise = Find other reviewers who bought the card and not under NDA.

They signed the Multi Year NDA

Yes. All of them signed the Multi Year NDA, and some argued (Jay, Gamers Nexus) that is right for their own business (as youtube channel).....
Because all of them are businesses.....

On the other hand you have buildzoid buying hardware from his own pocket (Patron & advertisement) to do reviews on motherboards & graphic cards.
And you can hear him some time when is going hard on Asrock or MSI (mainly) says "by saying that I might never get a free sample".

Associate
All I'm saying is what's the point of RT support if you have to play it at 1080p?

How any people with monitors 1440p up to 4k will play a game at 1080p just to turn on RT?

This type of cards you buy for 4k.
Its unacceptable to put on rtx and then sit at low fps in a 4k setting.
(if true that is)

Atm the game I play runs perfectly fine with a 480 and 1440p 144hz.
while I am buying a 4k screen and mainly as a second monitor due to 60hz the 1500euro simply cant be justified to upgrade to and be left with the maybe it will work out with rtx.

anyhow, I wait until 7nm gpu is showing up as its now around the corner 2019 and IMO 12nm is dead on arrival.

Soldato
Eurgh just read this - https://www.tomshardware.com/news/nvidia-rtx-gpus-worth-the-money,37689.html

Seems the NDA terms must include encourage readers to pre-order...

Life is short. How many months or years do you want to wait to enjoy a new experience? You can sit around twiddling your thumbs and hoping that an RTX 2080 gets cheaper, or you can enter the world of ray-tracing and high-speed, 4K gaming today and never look back. When you die and your whole life flashes before your eyes, how much of it do you want to not have ray tracing?

That is what Rollo used to say. Just,wow??

Associate

Get this...

main.jpg

Soldato
My point of view on Ray Tracing is this.
1. I think it looks excellent, mainly the Battlefield 5 though, the rest was abit alright.
2. I hope a more open source Ray tracing becomes the norm.
3. Performance looks to be the biggest issue atm, but to be very honest you must start from somewhere, Ray tracing is for the future. GPUs today might have a hard time reaching them high frame rates, this is fine but unless AMD and Microsoft dont start pushing for it its going to take a very long time for all games to start getting on board.
4. This tech needs to start happening, Nvidia have started the push AMD must follow both need to get devs on board open source otherwise this will take even longer to get going. the biggest issue is devs still will need to use other lighting methods in games, this will take longer to make games and longer time = higher cost.

Soldato
Greg bought his.

I preordered mine from OCUK even though I’m being sampled. You’re not a real enthusiast if you’re only taking handouts. Don’t tell Jayz2cents that, though. He’s been known to throw his toys out of the pram when given review guidelines, too. Something all vendors do.

Associate
Greg bought his.

I preordered mine from OCUK even though I’m being sampled. You’re not a real enthusiast if you’re only taking handouts. Don’t tell Jayz2cents that, though. He’s been known to throw his toys out of the pram when given review guidelines, too. Something all vendors do.
I pre-ordered a 2080, but wouldn't mind being sampled a 2080 ti ;)

Soldato
1. I think it looks excellent, mainly the Battlefield 5 though, the rest was abit alright.
3. Performance looks to be the biggest issue atm, but to be very honest you must start from somewhere, Ray tracing is for the future. GPUs today might have a hard time reaching them high frame rates, this is fine but unless AMD and Microsoft dont start pushing for it its going to take a very long time for all games to start getting on board.
4. This tech needs to start happening, Nvidia have started the push AMD must follow both need to get devs on board open source otherwise this will take even longer to get going. the biggest issue is devs still will need to use other lighting methods in games, this will take longer to make games and longer time = higher cost.

All good points. Needs to become mainstream fast.

Soldato

The tech existed but couldn't work because nobody finds even today acceptable 60fps 1080p let alone back in 2013 with the GTX780Ti and R9 290X hardware.

So Nvidia "pushes" the tech today in Gimpworks, on hardware that is barely faster than previous gen, and it would takes 7 years to be able to go the performance levels of 2017.

That is why this tech didn't moved on.

So I rather have reasonable priced GPUs, playing my games, than splashing £1300 to buy the performance of 7 years ago.

HDR is there, is looks amazing on Vega with Freesync and great middle ground in performance.
Yet Nvidia cannot do even that right, having their perf tanking, even on their £2000 monitors with their £1200 GPU (TXp)

Back
Top Bottom