• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** GEFORCE RTX 2080 NOW IN STOCK, ORDER FOR NEXT DAY DELIVERY!! **

OcUK Staff
OP
Confused by OCUK pricing on the Asus 2080... it's over £100 cheaper at a certain competitor. In fact most of these cards are SIGNIFICANTLY cheaper elsewhere.

We were around £749 a couple of weeks ago on that, may have even been £715, we had a sell out rebate for the first 50 pre-sold to hit lower price, we have now sold our allocation that apply for rebate, hence the increase and why were more expensive, we have no intention to match to sell at single digit margin or even a loss, we can't help that we sell the rebated allocation pretty quickly, Gigabyte and MSI also did similar, hence why they have now moved up in price too from where we had them a week or so ago.

As always with pre-order, the best price is always the early price, if a competitor is still listing around £100 cheaper, it is because they still have some allocation left on the SOA (sales out rebate), so I'd recommend grabbing one.

Associate
We were around £749 a couple of weeks ago on that, may have even been £715, we had a sell out rebate for the first 50 pre-sold to hit lower price, we have now sold our allocation that apply for rebate, hence the increase and why were more expensive, we have no intention to match to sell at single digit margin or even a loss, we can't help that we sell the rebated allocation pretty quickly, Gigabyte and MSI also did similar, hence why they have now moved up in price too from where we had them a week or so ago.

As always with pre-order, the best price is always the early price, if a competitor is still listing around £100 cheaper, it is because they still have some allocation left on the SOA (sales out rebate), so I'd recommend grabbing one.
Was 715 indeed . and one of the lucky of not so lucky depending on your position to get one at that price ... Had it of been anymore if be one of the many refusing to buy one . but I did so I won't be :p

OcUK Staff
OP
Was 715 indeed . and one of the lucky of not so lucky depending on your position to get one at that price ... Had it of been anymore if be one of the many refusing to buy one . but I did so I won't be :p

Yeah I thought we did £715, most competitors who still have some rebated allocation are asking around £750, so we were cheap on those, good work on grabbing one.

Maybe once 10 series on 1080Ti is cleared that is maybe where we can expect 2080 to sit, as it was very strange as to why some board partners did SOA on a brand new launch product, infact SOA for us is simply a nightmare as it means we sell goods at a loss and then have to run reports, make a claim and then raise an invoice to the board partner. It would be far easier to just give us an up front lower cost on the first say 50 pieces, but unfortunately they never do things the easy way, probably hoping we will forget to invoice them the crafty buggers.

Associate
Yeah I thought we did £715, most competitors who still have some rebated allocation are asking around £750, so we were cheap on those, good work on grabbing one.

Maybe once 10 series on 1080Ti is cleared that is maybe where we can expect 2080 to sit, as it was very strange as to why some board partners did SOA on a brand new launch product, infact SOA for us is simply a nightmare as it means we sell goods at a loss and then have to run reports, make a claim and then raise an invoice to the board partner. It would be far easier to just give us an up front lower cost on the first say 50 pieces, but unfortunately they never do things the easy way, probably hoping we will forget to invoice them the crafty buggers.

Seen many rebate programs from cars to electronic hardware , I can almost gaurentre there's never a 100% uptake on the rebates either because of hoop jumping or otherwise .

Soldato

You've had cancellations on orders with the rebated price so you have also got some allocation left too. I ordered both cards at their lowest/rebated price and cancelled both (though my reasoning is I wanted a better AIB card). I assume some others did the same.

Back
Top Bottom