• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** GEFORCE RTX 2080 NOW IN STOCK, ORDER FOR NEXT DAY DELIVERY!! **

Caporegime
How come these are all in stock? At these give-away prices they should be flying off the shelves, surely?

Unusual for a new card to still be gathering dust in a warehouse to say the least.:p

I'd be surprised if stock of 2080ti flies out the door as well.

Last edited:
Associate
You've had cancellations on orders with the rebated price so you have also got some allocation left too. I ordered both cards at their lowest/rebated price and cancelled both (though my reasoning is I wanted a better AIB card). I assume some others did the same.
Agreed. So I suppose for any cancelled rebate cards the site keeps the extra money as profit. At the current prices for the available stock I cannot even see why any site would want these products if they weren't expecting to make profit. With that said I also doubt other sites are selling these cards cheaper and not making profit. The key selling point here is the benefit of DLSS, of course in the future, which *might* make it worth a small premium above a 1080 Ti. Even then that is ignoring the 2 year age of the 1080 Ti and the abnormality of this price / performance ratio on the tech market. Ultimately there is a price ceiling here where buying one of these goes from borderline to absolutely mental.

Associate
Ouch... Those prices! Still, they cost what they cost and that's down Applevidia. They have priced me out of the GPU game, but I'm not too bothered, I'm happy with my 1070ti and at £409 I felt that was pretty disgustingly over priced at the time... On the other hand it plays all the games I enjoy, so it will do me until prices become sensible. Couldn't give a stuff about this ray tracing nonsense either, watched the vids and Jensen's verbose diatribe didn't make me want to get my c0ck out.

Caporegime
Stand your ground and price drops will happen.

The cards simply won’t shift in huge numbers at current pricing...

People are jaded with Brexit and money is tight...

Soldato
I'm not buying it either. I only bought my 1080 a year ago. It's more than adequate at 1440p and these days my game time is very limited.

Also as mentioned by someone else above, when I bought my 1080 I thought the money I was paying was expensive enough. Let alone what they want for the new cards.

When I was much younger I went through a phase of buying all the nice shiny,and looking back I wish I hadn't bothered since electronics just depreciates so quickly in utility and value. So learnt that leason the hard way,so don't get too caught up in these things when it comes to actual purchases. Interesting to follow though!! :p

Back
Top Bottom