• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** GEFORCE RTX 2080 NOW IN STOCK, ORDER FOR NEXT DAY DELIVERY!! **

Caporegime
When I was much younger I went through a phase of buying all the nice shiny,and looking back I wish I hadn't bothered since electronics just depreciates so quickly in utility and value. So learnt that leason the hard way,so don't get too caught up in these things when it comes to actual purchases. Interesting to follow though!! :p

The easyrider shuffle was a carousel I was glad to jump off from. :p

Soldato
When I was much younger I went through a phase of buying all the nice shiny,and looking back I wish I hadn't bothered since electronics just depreciates so quickly in utility and value. So learnt that leason the hard way,so don't get too caught up in these things when it comes to actual purchases. Interesting to follow though!! :p

I would like* to buy the new Pixel 3 when it releases. But.... my Nexus 5x is still all I need and at £600 - £700 for the Pixel 3 is well above what I value my phone.

I can easily afford it but that's not the point. I bought my 5x when the Pixel launched as I thought the pricing was too much.

Maybe I'll just get a Pixel 2 if I do upgrade at all.

Caporegime
It does become like a drug at times getting the new shiny,but I do feel at least since I spread it out more I appreciate it more when I do now!! :p

My 6700k still doesn’t sweat in anything I do...my iPhone 6 streams Spotify in my car...people upgrade for upgrades sake and say things like I’m looking forward to playing with a new gfx card...

How does one play with a new gfx card ?What ? You fit a 2080, install the driver, then play games at 1080ti speeds...:p

Soldato
I would like* to buy the new Pixel 3 when it release. But.... my Nexus 5x is still all I need and at £600 - £700 for the Pixel 3 is well above what I value my phone.

I can easily afford it but that's not the point. I bought my 5x when the Pixel launched as I thought the pricing was too much.

Maybe I'' just get a Pixel 2 if I do upgrade at all.

I kind of realised phone prices were getting silly when I got a cheaper phone and a whole brand new Fuji XT10 system as a secondary camera, for less than one of the higher end smartphones.

Soldato
It does become like a drug at times getting the new shiny,but I do feel at least since I spread it out more I appreciate it more when I do now!! :p

I used to do it without any issues, hitting 30 and buying a house I now want value for money because I can see where it all goes! Although I havent had a pc upgrade since 2014 the 20xx series is still way too far out of what im willing to pay for the performance. I was waiting on benchies to decide whether to pick up an EOL 1080ti and will just do that instead, and from elsewhere.

Soldato
My 6700k still doesn’t sweat in anything I do...my iPhone 6 streams Spotify in my car...people upgrade for upgrades sake and say things like I’m looking forward to playing with a new gfx card...

How does one play with a new gfx card ?What ? You fit a 2080, install the driver, then play games at 1080ti speeds...:p

Its a perfectly fine gaming CPU,and if you have a reasonably fast card,for the most part the vast majority of games will run well. The fact is if that wasn't the case,imagine all the mainstream gamers with worse setups - devs would sell no games anymore. Plus the longer between upgrades the bigger the jump.

I used to do it without any issues, hitting 30 and buying a house I now want value for money because I can see where it all goes! Although I havent had a pc upgrade since 2014 the 20xx series is still way too far out of what im willing to pay for the performance. I was waiting on benchies to decide whether to pick up an EOL 1080ti and will just do that instead, and from elsewhere.

Feel the same. Just remember even a GTX1080 or GTX1080TI owner is in the top percentage of PC gaming power.

People are becoming more savvy...:)

And I image the Fuji XT10 takes better pictures.

I have had a ton of fun with it,so much so the main camera only gets used sometimes now. The best thing is I timed it such,just before the XT20 came out,which ended up being £550 more due to the weak pound,yen price increases and lack of rebates.

Last edited:
Soldato
Ouch... Those prices! Still, they cost what they cost and that's down Applevidia. They have priced me out of the GPU game, but I'm not too bothered, I'm happy with my 1070ti and at £409 I felt that was pretty disgustingly over priced at the time... On the other hand it plays all the games I enjoy, so it will do me until prices become sensible. Couldn't give a stuff about this ray tracing nonsense either, watched the vids and Jensen's verbose diatribe didn't make me want to get my c0ck out.

:D

Either way, nVidia win!!! :D

Not winning much when a UK launch partner has sold 1 Amp and zero Palit in 24 hrs, Ti was already sold stock!

And even the high 2080ti prices are far cheaper then the new iPhone Xs max 512gb (£1449) :p

2080ti can't get you laid though!:p

Associate
On the one hand true, on the other you can get PS4+ experience or better with a £200 GPU.

Spiderman 2018. God of War. Horizon Zero Dawn. Last Of Us. Last of Us 2. Bloodborne. GT Sport. Infamous. Shadow of the Colossus. Uncharted 4. Uncharted Lost legacy. And so on, and so on, and so on. And you can even add Red Dead Redemption 2 for the next 2-3 years (and if it ends up like RDR1, then "forever", to that list.)

Which £200 GPU can all those great games be experienced on? :p

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
It....just....works....
Clearly, even you bought one and said you was not going to. Lol :p

You are not the only one though. One person I saw slated it, said he did not need one anyway and then went and purchased a 2080. It just works :D

I get the feeling SLI might be making a come back in the next generation of cards and Jensen is getting us ready for it. He will be going on stage again and saying the more you buy, the more you save.

Back
Top Bottom