• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Geforce Titan rumours.

Cheers Guys.

I was hurting having to buy 2 but dipped into the holiday funds to pay for the second (with the wifes permission). :D

Can't wait and I don't care if anyone tells me I have made a mistake because I have made plenty in life and I will make plenty more :D

Edit:

Got a text from Neil and he thinks he will be joining me :)

One way to look at it is if you want the fastest 2 GPUs for 5760x1080 gaming the Titans are the way to go.

I could afford to buy three and run Tri-SLI. I am a Single GPU person though so was interested from a single card performance POV rather than a large res/triple monitor one.

I think it's a stunning card, even in a single GPU config, but not quite enough to justify a jump from a 680 in my usage scenario.

I think anyone bashing for buying is looking at it from the wrong angle. Any of us who wanted to or have bought it do not care about the price tag as the Number 1 priority. It's right at the bottom for us.

It's the FINAL and LAST consideration that we weigh up against all the other performance numbers. For me the tipping point is not quite close enough, for some of the Multi GPU/High Res boys it is.

its a shame... when the Next gen from AMD will prob kill it... then who ever has purchased one will realize that they just lost 60% of its value .

Hope it all works out for you Greg and you enjoy your purchases and don't live to regret it. As long as you're happy that's all that matters at the end of the day.

Cheers Matt. It will be nice to whack the detail up to full for some of those games my 680 struggled in. 5760*1080 is a crippler.

£1600 is a lot of money to play next gen console games... :D

haha, I can't argue with that but I will finaly be able to run minesweeper at some fps :D

That's the way to be. :D

Thanks.

your baiting ant ya... You want me to bite don't you?

:rolleyes:

Bold comment is stupid

Well, it's not - Is it?

nVidia has a simpler/more coherent 3D path, the driver GUI/profile systems is generally easier than AMD solutions and overall nVidia are better at getting driver updates out for specific titles most of the time.

It's a personal preference anyway, for said poster nVidia is zero hassle, something I personally agree with also in my experience.

Well, it's not - Is it?

nVidia has a simpler/more coherent 3D path, the driver GUI/profile systems is generally easier than AMD solutions and overall nVidia are better at getting driver updates out for specific titles most of the time.

It's a personal preference anyway, for said poster nVidia is zero hassle, something I personally agree with also in my experience.

Whats with the driver bashing?

have you not seen what AMD have done with the current drivers?

Or do you plan to ignore the epicness of them?

I'm not biased in anyway.. it just annoys me when people talk about AMD cards and drivers as if they own one when in fact they haven't a clue because the don't own one...

I've also always found Nvidia less hassle. I mean look at all the issues I'm having on bf3 with my 7970. Granted I seem to be the only one...
I suppose my 4890 was pretty flawless.

Whats with the driver bashing?

have you not seen what AMD have done with the current drivers?

Or do you plan to ignore the epicness of them?

I'm not biased in anyway.. it just annoys me when people talk about AMD cards and drivers as if they own one when in fact they haven't a clue because the don't own one...

I did not bash AMD drivers at all and am well aware of the recent improvements.

What I did say was that generally, overall, nVidia driver usage and releases are better than AMDs efforts.

I did not trash AMD drivers in one part of my post and even went on to clarify at the end that it's a preference/opinion matter and largely down to the experience of the person buying.

Stop reading what you want to read instead read what is actually posted.

Back
Top Bottom